- Mass Market Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: Penguin (25 Aug. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0141023953
- ISBN-13: 978-0141023953
- Product Dimensions: 11.4 x 0.6 x 17.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 278,174 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
On Suicide (Penguin Great Ideas) Mass Market Paperback – 25 Aug 2005
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
About the Author
David Hume was born in Edinburgh in 1711, and by his death in 1776 had become one of Britain's greatest men of letters, equal in stature to Voltaire and Rousseau and described by Boswell as 'the greatest Writer in Brittain'. As well as his Essays, which were republished and expanded throughout his life, he wrote A Treatise of Human Nature (later recast as Enquiries concerning Human Understanding and concerning the Principles of Morals) and a History of Britain.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
[ . . . ] Let us here endeavour to restore men to their native liberty, by examining all the common arguments against Suicide, and showing that that action may be free from every imputation of guilt or blame, according to the sentiments of all the ancient philosophers. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Back Cover