William Lane Craig is a leading Christian apologist and has distilled his arguments to be more accessible. Anyone with a sixth form education should be able to understand this book and it would make an excellent present for those going to university. He covers these topics:
1. What is apologetics?
2. What difference does it make if God exists?
3. Why does anything at all exist?
4. Why did the universe begin?
5. Why is the universe fine tuned for life?
6. Can we be good without God?
7. What about suffering?
8. Who was Jesus?
9. Did Jesus rise from the dead?
10. Is Jesus the only way to God?
For a more in depth treatment see Craig's book Reasonable Faith
(Christian Truth and Apologetics)
NB. All that is required in apologetics, is to show that Christianity is reasonable, nothing more.