The Olympus STYLUS Smart VR-370: 12.5x optical zoom point-and-shoot compact that manages to go super wide yet stay super slim
Compact 12.5x Optical Zoom.
The VR-370’s lightweight powerful zoom takes you close to every detail.View Larger
For when you want a simple to use pocket camera that goes beyond the traditional 5x zoom, there is the new 12.5x super-wide optical zoom Olympus VR-370; a slender and chic metal-bodied Smart-series camera that offers a wide angle reach. It boasts a focal range the equivalent of 24-300mm in 35mm film terms, yet, given that capability, manages to be super slim (at 28.3mm in depth) with it.
With the lens reach allowing users to get dramatically close to the action without moving a muscle, this is an all in one offering that marries versatility to ease of use.
A case in point, with the VR-370 you can capture high-resolution 720p HD movies with top sound quality and then play back your films together with photos in amazingly sharp detail.
Additionally there is the ability to give full vent to your creativity by applying 10 different Magic Filters effects to images at the point of capture. Choose from the striking Punk, Pop Art, Pinhole, Drawing, Fish-Eye, Soft Focus, Sparkle (photos only), Watercolour, Reflection and finally Miniature, which applies a ‘Diorama' style to shots rendering everything as if on a toy town scale.
16 megapixel CCD sensor for high resolution, superb quality full size movies, stills and prints
The VR-370's performance is bolstered via a 16 megapixel CCD sensor with TruePic III+ image processor plus excellent optics, a top setting of ISO1600, a smattering of automated innovations and i-Auto for superb results however challenging the conditions. For those who don't want to spend a fortune yet still want a high zoom camera that does almost everything, the VR-370 is it.
16 Megapixels for High Quality.
Produce top-grade stills, movies & prints.View Larger
Dual image stabilisation
Reduce the effects of blur when shooting fast moving subjects. Dual Image Stabilisation combines Sensor-Shift Image Stabilisation with high ISO sensitivity and fast shutter speeds, so you can capture crisp, clear images, even if the subject is moving.
3-inch LCD with high 460k-dot resolution
With the Olympus VR-370 users can both compose and review their images on a large and bright three-inch, high 460,000-dot resolution LCD display.
However far away you are, you're never too far
There is no need to get closer to your subject with the Olympus VR-370 or pause to swap the lens, thanks to a broad 24-300mm focal range in 35mm film terms, which allows for spontaneous snapping of subjects near or far. This really is one lens that does it all.
Magic Filters for Stills and Movies.
Create works of art in an instant with your VR-370.View Larger
10 Magic Filters for turning the everyday into the extraordinary
Specifically designed to expand the creative potential of digital photography, this impressive function of the VR-370 utilises in-camera image processing technology to effortlessly transform the everyday into extraordinary scenes. Simple to operate, the filters allow users to create entirely new worlds with their images. What's more, most of the filters can be used when recording video (except Fragmented and Sparkle) as well as shooting stills.
Users can choose from Punk, Pop Art, Pin Hole, Fish-Eye, Soft Focus, Sparkle, Watercolour, Reflection, Miniature and Drawing.
- Punk: Pose like Sid ‘n' Nancy and have your world turned dayglo pink, with this fun feature that transforms your photos into crudely photocopied fanzine style images, but in a good way.
- Pop Art: In the tradition of Andy Warhol, this effect enhances colours, making them stronger and more vivid. It creates high-impact pictures that express the happy, light-hearted feeling of the pop art style.
- Drawing: Render photos as if hand produced line drawings for that naturalistic ‘just sketched' appearance.
- Fish-Eye: With its distorted 180-degree perspective, this filter reproduces the dramatic effect of a fish-eye lens. It lends a new perspective to the whole scene with a "round" effect.
- Pin Hole: For an ethereal feel, Pin Hole reduces the peripheral brightness of images like an image seen through a pinhole. Added to this is a unique colour tone that results in a style that has an air of secrecy or portrays the feeling of being lost in another dimension or space.
- Soft Focus: Give your portraits that romantic otherworldly look beloved of wedding photographers.
- Sparkle (photos only): A Magic Filter that truly imparts a sprinkling of fairy dust, adding twinkling reflections to shiny objects.
- Watercolour: With this option pictures are transformed into a watercolour painting framed by soft light.
- Reflection: A simulation of a magical horizontal reflection of your subject: for example as if it or they were standing next to perfectly still water.
- Miniature: Capture your subject and present them as if on a toy town scale.
720p HD Movie.
Perfect your creative filmmaking with amazing clarity in high definition.View Larger
Most commonly used media cards supported
Support is provided for regular SD, SDHC and SDXC media cards.
Automatic aids make life easy
Automatic aids to perfect picture taking further include 14 pre-optimised modes covering virtually every scene or subject imaginable and iAuto for point and shoot simplicity. In the VR-370 you have a versatile tool indeed, ready for any eventuality.
Included in the box
The VR-370 is supplied with a comprehensive array of kit out of the box, as follows:
- LI-50B Lithium-Ion Battery
- F-2AC AC Adapter
- CB-USB7 USB Cable
- Hand Strap
- World Wide Warranty Card
- Instruction Manual
- Olympus Viewer 3 Software CD-ROM
The Olympus VR-370 is available in black, silver, red and blue.