on 21 June 2008
These binoculars are great for general use. As there were no previous reviews on Amazon, I researched it on other websites and ordered it through Amazon, being the cheapest of course! Even though there was no mention of a protective case on the product description, I can confirm that it is supplied with one. The binoculars are very light and comfy to hold and the eyepieces are adjustable in depth for either spectacle wearers or non specky people.
33 comments|212 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2010
This is the second pair of Olympus 12x25 PC I binoculars I have bought. It is a present for a friend.
I got my first pair about 10 years ago and have nothing but great praise for them. The magnification and quality of image is fantastic and as good as, if not better than much more expensive binoculars. They fit easily in the pocket, so I can bring them with me whenever I'm going to be outdoors. They have brought wildlife so close; on Safari in Zambia, all over Europe and everyday in the back garden. Buy them and enjoy a new view of the world. Definitely 5 star.
on 11 August 2010
After reading the reviews for this item, I was concerned about the eye interval, that one reviewer found insufficient to the point that he had to return the binoculars. Nevertheless I decided to go ahead with my purchase. When the binoculars arrived I tried them immediately, having opened them to the maximum extent; and my first thought was: He was right, they are too small! But then I read the instructions carefully, and I realised that the problem was that I had opened them TOO MUCH, and the eye interval was more then sufficient. I can see why the reviewer was misled. Because these binoculars are compact it is not that obvious when one is overdoing the interval.
So in the end I found them very satisfactory, and I can voucher that the problem mentioned in that previous review is spurious: they are all right both for women as well as for men with widely spaced eyes!
66 comments|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 June 2011
I required a pair of compact binoculars that would easily fit in travel luggage or backpack and priced at a reasonable level. I wanted good magnification and clear, sharp vision. I also required them to be robust. I purchased a 10 x 25 PC model and found it to be superior in performance to my existing but tired compact binoculars that were originally twice the price. So good was the Olympus product that I bought a second pair, the 12 x 25 PC which were even better than the 10 x 25 but have the same external dimensions. Buy either.
on 11 September 2010
These are an excellent pair of compact bimoculars. Very good build quality, excellent optics - bright and clear image. Good field of view for a 12X compact. No problem with eye width as alluded to in another review - and I've got a big head!
on 10 July 2009
Great pocket binoculars with crystal clear vision and good close up viewing of wildlife around you.
on 19 April 2010
Bought these binoculars for my wife who has developed an interest in bird watching since we back on to farmland/woodland and have a hawthorn hedge between our garden and the adjoining field. We are delighted with the binoculars which are small, lightweight, well made and nicely designed. The quality of the image exceeded my expectations for binoculars in this price range. Ideal for bird watching because of their magnification, (12x)size and weight.
on 5 April 2011
These binoculars are a replacement for a Nikon pair that I had had for almost 20 years. In comparison the Olympus pair are almost the same except the build quality and materials used are cheaper-looking than the Nikon pair which is disappointing given the time since I bought the first pair. Additionally I have found the rubber eye-sockets to be quite annoying because they tend to close when not in use which means they have to be opened each time I used them.

As a positive the light intake of the new binoculars is infinitely better than my previous pair which was particularly good in the low-light conditions at the racecourse where I was using them.
on 3 August 2013
Really good product. Couple of things to look out for - someone else reviewed this and said the eye piece didn't open wide enough for a man's head - probably because they did what I did and looked through the wrong end to start with! It is the end with the lens covers on that are the eyepieces, not the other way round!
Also, something was initially obscuring part of the view, but reading the instructions shows the last step with the eyepieces extending out, so the visual problem was due to my eyes being too close.
So - overall, they are great to use, lightweight and great for travelling, just read the (very simple) instructions to get the best out of them!
on 6 August 2013
These binoculars met all my expectations. They are well made, small enough to fit into a handbag or pocket and do the job they were designed for. Would recommend highly