- Platform: Xbox 360
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 15 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 15. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 15 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Official Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures (Xbox 360)
- You are the controller. Kinect uses a sensor to track your body movement and recognise your face, even listen to your voice.
- Smart enough to remember voices and faces and provides an in-game experience in which the player’s face and voice are recognised. Greet and speak to characters in the game, or simply step into view of the sensor to log into Xbox LIVE and connect with friends.
- Makes social gaming off-the-couch fun by providing gameplay that gets you off the couch, on your feet and in the fun. Each Kinect experience is designed to get players moving, laughing, cheering and playing together.
Virtual Reality Is Coming
2016 is the year of Virtual Reality. Find out everything you need to know at our Virtual Reality Store. Learn about Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR and the HTC Vive and sign-up to be notified when they will be released.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
New LATEST MODEL( White) XBOX KINECT SENSOR, FROM A SPLIT BUNDLE COMES WITH THE KINECT ADVENTURES GAME, Picture shows (sport 1) Not in this deal now
Kinect will turn YOU into the controller for games and entertainment, and it will work with every Xbox 360. Unlike 2-D cameras and controllers, Kinect tracks your full body movement in 3-D, while responding to commands, directions, even a difference of emotion in your voice.
Jump In With Microsoft Kinect
Introducing Kinect, a revolutionary new way to play: no controller required.
How does it work?
- “Kinect” sensor. “Kinect” is the world’s first system to combine an RGB camera, depth sensor, multiarray microphone and custom processor running proprietary software that brings “Kinect” experiences to every Xbox 360 console. The “Kinect” sensor tracks full-body movement and individual voices, creating controller-free fun and social entertainment available only on Xbox 360.
- RGB camera. “Kinect” has a video camera that delivers the three basic color components. As part of the “Kinect” sensor, the RGB camera helps enable facial recognition and more.
- Depth sensor. An infrared projector combined with a monochrome CMOS sensor allows “Kinect” to see the room in 3-D (as opposed to inferring the room from a 2-D image) under any lighting conditions.
- Multiarray microphone. “Kinect” has a microphone that will be able to locate voices by sound and extract ambient noise. The multiarray microphone will enable headset-free Xbox LIVE party chat and more.
- Custom processor (running Microsoft proprietary software layer). A proprietary software layer makes the magic of “Kinect” possible. This layer differentiates “Kinect” from any other technology on the market through its ability to enable human body recognition and extract other visual noise.
You are the controller.
Kinect provides a whole new way to play. It uses a sensor to track your body movement and recognise your face, even listen to your voice.
Full-body tracking allows the Kinect sensor to capture your movement, from head to toe, to give players a full-body gaming experience.
Kinect is smart enough to remember voices and faces and provides an in-game experience in which the player’s face and voice are recognised. Greet and speak to characters in the game, or simply step into view of the sensor to log into Xbox LIVE and connect with friends.Full-body play. Kinect provides a new way to play where you use all parts of your body — head, hands, feet and torso. When you're the controller, you don't just control the superhero, you are the superhero. Full-body tracking allows the Kinect sensor to capture your movement, from head to toe, to give players a full-body gaming experience.
Off-the-couch play. Kinect provides gameplay that gets you off the couch, on your feet and in the fun. Each Kinect experience is designed to get players moving, laughing, cheering and playing together. Kinect makes social gaming off-the-couch fun.
Colour and depth-sensing lenses
Voice microphone array
Tilt motor for sensor adjustment
Fully compatible with existing Xbox 360 consoles
Field of View
Horizontal field of view: 57 degrees
Vertical field of view: 43 degrees
Physical tilt range: ± 27 degrees
Depth sensor range: 1.2m - 3.5m
320x240 16-bit depth @ 30 frames/sec
640x480 32-bit colour@ 30 frames/sec
16-bit audio @ 16 kHz
Skeletal Tracking System
Tracks up to 6 people, including 2 active players
Tracks 20 joints per active player
Ability to map active players to LIVE Avatars
LIVE party chat and in-game voice chat (requires Xbox LIVE Gold Membership)
Echo cancellation system enhances voice input
Speech recognition in multiple
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The camera looks pretty smart and comes with plenty of cable for power and usb connection. You also get provided a USB extender so you can still plug in your wireless adapter if you have one.
The Camera has a motor which adjusts itself to get the best angle to see you. You can manually over ride this for finer tuning if you like.
My 4 year old daughter tried one of the games on Kinect Adventures which involved flapping your arms to fly around a space station, which she loved and needed very little guidance.
I tried river rapids and was pleasantly surprised at how well it interacts with the 3D space. You can move forward and back within the boat, as well as left and right. Then when you had to jump, the amount you jumped actually effected the in game hight which I wasn't expecting. After using the Wii balance board, it was hard to remember I actually needed to move, rather than just lean.
The Voice recognition worked every time (so far), say 'Xbox' and it prompts you with what you can say at the bottom of the screen, or say what box you want. Never has opening and closing a disc tray been so much fun lol.
You also get a small box in the bottom right which is what the camera sees, so you can tell if its seeing you clearly or not.
If you go to far back/forward, it tells you to move accordingly, you soon get use to the play area.
I use a projector so have the lights off and the camera was still tracking me fine. The only issue with the light source coming from behind was the facial recognition for auto sign in, kind of expected though.Read more ›
Plenty of cable and installation is painless .... although your xbox will require 2 or 3 downloads before its all working
I stuck mine to the top of my tv with blu tak ... worked a treat!
The problems start tho when you realise just how much room you need
The sensor wants you to be stood AT LEAST 6 feet (2m) away from the sensor ... and something i had not read anywhere ... if you want it to be able to recognise 2 people at the smae time you need to be stood at least 8 feet (3m) away. I never saw this mentioned in any of the promotional videos or articles and think that it is a bit of a deal breaker
Not only that, but you need room to step backwards comfortably too. Thinking of family and friends living rooms, i would say only about of quarter of the people I know would have the room for Kinect. Not only that but alot of people sit their couch 6 - 10 feet from their tv, so you would probably have to move that too ...
The Kinect needs to be positioned in line with the centre of your TV, so you cant position it off to one side either.
OK so now the good news .... i did manage to get it all setup despite the back of my legs being against the sofa .... and i have to say that the technology seems pretty impressive to me. I have a fairly dark living room and didnt have to do anything with lights, curtains etc to get it to work ... it all worked straight out of the box and the motion sensing is indeed pretty impressive ... when you see it picking out each of your joints for the first time you will be impressed
I have never bought a dancing game before but i would love to try dance central, as from what i can tell, Kinect seems perfect for it and it would be alot of fun.Read more ›
- The Games are good fun - Kinect adventures (free with most kinects) is the equivalent to Wii play for the Wii where as it has a light hearted mix of activities throughout. I also bought him sonic which is a good game but contained many cons (see con section).
- The pictures that are taken whist playing wii adventures are a great laugh and provided us with good entertainment.
- The kinect ensures that you are actually working out as opposed to the wii where I discovered I can bowl while lying on the sofa.
- Space issue - I will get grief for this (see any 1* reviews as to why) but I made sure I had 6ft of space before I purchased but what I didn't realise is for 2 player you need 8ft plus approx another 2 foot of 'playing room' as I discovered when I needed to walk backwards and walked my calf of the sofa. It is not a big deal in the sense that yes we can each take turns and just lose the points when required to go backwards but I just don't think that enough consideration was put into the development considering it was an issue raised in testing. I'm not saying that this will affect everyone as we live in an apartment (a small one at that) but I would ensure you have about 10foot of room to ensure you get the most out of the kinect.
- Lag - A lot of reviewers have also commented on the lag and it is not an overly big issue with me but an annoying one at that.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This item was advertised with a game to be included - game did not arrive with bar - in the small print it states there is no fame included. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Sharon Lovell
Excellent!! never used the kinect before and we are very happy with it. Delivered quickly and a nice price too.Published 1 month ago by Ste John
Good value and works perfect. Excellent seller who replied all my questions within a couple of hours.Published 1 month ago by KG
The item did not work, arrived with a rusty broken connector. Had a very upset son on Christmas Day.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer