Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Odessey & Oracle forum

Odyssey and Oracle As good as Pet Sounds / Sgt Pepper ?-Discuss!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Apr 2009 16:04:28 BDT
It's Hard to disagree with the statement when you hear this wondrous collection. Time of the Season is as good as God Only Knows and as a whole album it's more consistent and less twee and longer!

Posted on 12 May 2009 15:50:36 BDT
Unsmart says:
I would say that Pet Sounds has higher peeks, while Odessey is more even. All in all, maybe Odessey is slightly better. I don´t think any of them could compete with Sgt Pepper though.

Posted on 27 Jul 2009 23:33:27 BDT
Koshmar_61 says:
I think anyone listening to Pet Sounds/Sgt Peppers/Odessey should give the Left Banke a listen. The classic Walk Away Renee (yep, the hit by the Four Tops wasn't theirs originally!) and the outstanding Pretty Ballerina will really blow you away. Baroque rock at its best, and the majority of these classics written by the 17 yr old Michael Brown (as was his age at the time)....!

Posted on 8 Oct 2011 13:48:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 Oct 2011 13:49:13 BDT
I think for me every one of the three albums are UNIQUE, ORIGINAL and VANGUARDIST; all those groups were incredible and made wonderful changes in music making conceptual ideas and giving us excellent composers (Lennon & McCartney, Brian Wilson and Argent & White); without them, the music will not be the same!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Odessey & Oracle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  15 Apr 2009
Latest post:  8 Oct 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Odessey & Oracle
Odessey & Oracle by The Zombies (Audio CD - 2001)
4.5 out of 5 stars (48)