on 1 July 2009
An excellent product.

There are a number of aluminium-based anti-perspirants on the market, and this is just one of them. However, the pump-spray action of this makes it more suitable than most which are either pastes or roll-ons.

I suffer horribly from facial and cranial sweating in the Summer: the slighest exertion brings out beads of sweat on my forehead and scalp (but nowhere else to be honest). I was considering surgery to cut the nerve that controls this, out of desperation, but in my online search for a surgical procedure, I came across this.

For me, it works. I spray it on my face (covering eyes) and comb it through my hair at night, and it basically stops me sweating for the next few days. I don't bother with it on my armpits because I use a similar product (Perspirex) from Boots.

It can sting a bit on application (but not much), but it is worth it. I can now cycle through London in 30 degree Summer heat, and still arrive at Waterloo Station hot, but not sweating. That's good as far as I am concerned, and I didn't need to submit to surgery. Even better!
44 comments164 of 168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 July 2015
It's like a miracle. Since I was 12 (now 18) I suffered very badly with underarm sweat. No amount of showers and deodorants could stop it. I had to climb 4 big flights of stairs at college several times a day and I would have to go to the toilet and put my t-shirt under the hand dryer because the sweat was unreal. It was very embarrassing and made me highly paranoid that I smelt. I came across this and thought it doesn't hurt to try, and i'm so glad I did. Make sure you're applying it to a 100% dry area because if you don't the pain is horrible. It burns and stings and leaves your skin tight. And use it very sparingly. Just one squirt under each arm is enough for me. I can apply it once then maybe go 2-3 says without applying it again but any longer and the sweating returns.
Excellent product, small bottle but lasts. Would highly recommend!
11 comment10 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 September 2015
I had to write a review or odaban because it is so good. I had been looking for an answer for sweating for years on the web but found nothing. Then I read an artical in the newspaper about a woman who had gone off work with stress because of her sweating. She was able to return to work because of odaban working so effectively on her sweat problem. So I ordered some immeadiatly. The spray arrived quickly and I was suprised it was such a small can. I innitially thought it was way to small to last long as a deoderant and therefore thought it was going to be a con. How mistaken was I? I sprayed a tiny amount as instructed and the next day I felt a difference. The second night the same and by the day my sweaty armpits were gone! I only put it on about once a week now and my pits are dry; it's unbelievable stuff! I am starting to put it across my chest area now but haven't really noticed much because my head, neck and belly all sweat so I can't really tell if it's working there. If I could I'd put it all over my body but I'm not sure that's possible. Anyway I need you to realise that I'm the laziest person ever when it comes to reviews. I just think its somebody else's job to write reviews. Reviews are for people with too much time on their hands or who like the sound of their own 'voice'. But I had to write a review for this stuff because it really does work and is worth every penny. Good luck.
on 16 August 2015
I've suffered with profuse facial sweating at the slightest exertion or even when I wasn't particularly hot since I was a child - it's so embarrassing. I moved to the tropics a year ago and could not have made it through the year without this. I started off spraying my face once every few days but now I actually need to use it less and less, now only applying it every 7 - 10 days and on fewer patches of skin. I do find it still stings and itches for about an hour after applying it which is annoying, but a small price to pay for feeling like I can finally function like a normal human being!
on 29 July 2015
Really wonderful product....
If you anything like me, I had such a bad sweating problem to the point where I was crying from embarrassment. ... got the product and started to work the next day.... no sweat patches any more.... so thrilled and have already recommended the product to a friend of mine so this is my second purchase....

It burns for a little bit after you have sprayed it so be weary of that. It is completely normal. It is so worth the burn though. ...
on 6 August 2011
I have had embarrassing (and VERY excessive) under arm sweat for as long as I can remember. As a woman, this can be quite socially crippling, especially since we're allegedly not supposed to sweat. I essentially eliminated all but black and white things from my wardrobe and have had to wear what are basically armpit maxi pads while wearing suit jackets at work. I dealt with criticism for this condition almost every day.

So needless to say I was very skeptical. I mean, I REALLY sweat a lot, even in the cold.

I'm on day two and I already see a remarkable difference. It is mid-summer right now, and yesterday (day one) I had a tad bit of moisture, but NOTHING like what I used to have. I am amazed and so grateful. This could change my life. Perhaps one day I'll venture into silk--who knows? Not also to mention it's entirely affordable (as opposed to the Botox or surgery options I was seriously considering once I won the lottery).

If you have a sweating problem, you MUST TRY THIS PRODUCT.
on 15 April 2015
I don't normally leave reviews but I really wanted to say how fantastic this product is. I am not a heavy sweater, but I always struggle (especially in the summer) with under arm sweat whenever any kind of fabric touches my armpits. I have tried a few other products which either didn't work or itched so much I had to wash it off! But after years of putting up with the problem, I have finally found something that works on me! I was nervous the first day I had to go to work after using Odaban, but I really needn't of been! I am so happy with it, I can't tell you. I even exercise and still don't need anything the next day - well apart from some body spray of perfume perhaps.

My only slight gripe would be the cost of postage - £6!!! Almost as much as the item itself and even then they wouldn't deliver to where I live, so I had to get it sent to my dad and he posted it on to me!
on 28 September 2014
I found I had serious underarm sweat when I was at work or going out. I called it 'socisl sweating', because when I was at home or in a chilled out atmosphere I was completely fine and dry. It was really getting to me and it was making me not want to do anything except stay in and not go do things due to the fear of sweating embarrassingly. I also only wore dark colours and I hated the summer and sun! I checked this stuff out and thought I'd give it a go. Well wasn't i pleased! It done exactly as I hoped and sweat patches are now non existent, even when wearing grey or blue, and the tops I wore were tight! Definitely stings and itches a bit the first time you use it, but it is very bareable and lessens to nothing at all after a few times. Hopefully it keeps working for me as it has made my life significantly easier! Cheers :-)
on 11 March 2013
Used this many years ago when I was a 4 class a day fitness instructor and now use again. I would recommend that you use it on night time/sweaty or unwashed skin to avoid stinging as was told to me by the guy who actually developed this stuff, Mr Bracey. It works on smelly feet too!
on 24 September 2010
This stuff really does work, do follow what one of the other posts say and use talc after you have applied this, I didn't the first couple of times and it did start to sting, but you only have to use in twice an I stopped sweating. Now I do it twice a week. So good to be able to lift my arms again! ;0)