on 2 January 2011
I thought I would try this guidebook as it had good reviews and for a change from the usual brand of guidebooks i get. i like the fact that the text is broken up with nice pictures of the island. The reviews are honest, telling you when some staff have been quite rude, where theft is a problem in certain car parks etc. Good reviews of the hotels, restraunts and beaches. Lots of information on hikes around the island and activities. I would recomend this book.
on 8 May 2011
As with all of these Wizard guides to the Hawaiian islands, they are informative and include good maps which take the place of the fact I couldn't buy island road maps.Sections on restaurants, accommodation, activities and things to see and do, they are also written with insider knowledge. ONO recommendations and real gems help to narrow down the best if time is limited. There are no better, up to date guides on Hawaii.
on 12 April 2011
The Lonely Guide and the Rough Planet should take a good look at Oahu Revealed as this guide lets you know pretty much everything you'll need to know about the island in an informative and amusing fashion. It's just a shame that these guys don't write guides for elsewhere as I'm off to Florida this year and could do with a similar approach!
on 27 March 2012
Purchased this book in readiness for our trip to Oahu in October. The book is well laid out, very comprehensive on all subjects relating to Oahu. Glad I bought it. Will be taking it with us for sure.