Size: 7(W)"/ 178mm|Colour: Black|Change

on 30 May 2012
As my children eat a lot of fruit, an apple corer and divider is a must-have for my family. As we have worn out 2 in the last year, I thought I would purchase a better quality item from a reputable company. The quality of this item is good and an improvement over my last 2. Unfortunately, no matter how hard it is pressed down (even by an adult), it does not cut all the way through the apple. this then makes it difficult to remove. My children have now asked me to buy another cheaper one which cuts all the way through like the last ones did. Shame.
on 11 January 2010
Its always the simplest things that are the best isnt it?

And this is so simple and it works ever so well

Its sharp enough that my 4.10 year old can use it to chop apples, yet safe enough that I feel ok about him doing it

Its a teeny bit annoying that you have to wiggle the last couple of milimeters of apple out, but honestly, it still only takes 20 seconds to have chopped apple ready. Buying this has meant we can add chopped apple to my sons lunch box and- heres a fab tip- if you drop the cut apple into pineapple juice for just a second of two after chopping it, then fish it out and put it in a sandwich bag it stays fresh and doesnt go brown by lunchtime even if you cut it up the night before! Awesome!!

Bit of a pain to wash cos of the small edges but goes in dishwasher very happily, or soak it for 5 or 10 mins then 'swish' it through

4/5 because it doesnt cut the last 3 millimeters, and in all honestly would have been 95% if that were an option.
on 9 January 2015
Having bought a fair few Oxo Good Grips products I have to admit this one is my first real disappointment.
It works well enough except for the last 2-5 mm of the apple cannot be sliced so what you end up doing is manually braking and releasing the last bits of the apple base.
Essentially a design fault - the cutting blades stop short of the bottom of the product meaning this issue was inevitable. Hope it's fixed in future.
on 14 June 2011
I bought this apple corer on the recommendation of my mother-in-law. Not being much of a fruit eater a new healthier diet left me looking for fruity snacks and I never truly finish an apple as it gets near the core.
this is just easy peasy and gives you 6 good slices of apple with no pips and no chopping!!
on 27 June 2012
Works fairly well with vertical cores but because centre round cutter is at the same horizontal level as the segment cutters and the surrounding support, it's virtually impossible to cut all the way through the apple. You therefore end up breaking the core out of the cutter leaving a core stub in the cutter which then has to be pushed out. The core stub then has to be separated from the segments by the remaing apple skin - all a bit less than ideal.
on 1 January 2009
I would have no problem recommending this very practical, easy to hold apple slicer. I work as a supply cover supervisor/teacher in different schools and very few people have seen them before. I always give a demonstration of how useful and easy to use they are. I sometimes struggle to bite in to a whole apple .. this 'divider' makes apples far easier to eat and more appetising. They are absolutely fabulous. I have even sent one to my daughter and her boyfriend in Ireland and they find that they are eating more apples as a result of having this. All gooooodddd !!!!! 100 % recommended.
on 13 November 2009
I bought this for my dad who has difficulties using one of his arms after a severe stroke. He is now able to cut up his own apples which gives him more independence. He is thrilled with it. It's sturdy and the handles are chunky which means he is able to grip them easily. Ideal for anyone with hand/arm mobility issues.
on 12 June 2014
Even my ever sceptical partner was impressed with this gadget and we are getting through a lot more apples. My son won't go to the fruit bowl and get an apple but if I chop it up and set it down near him he'll eat it. This makes it really easy. It presses through the apples easily and you just pop out the segments and the core. We have a couple of apple trees and have a weekend of apple chopping every autumn to make cider. I'm hoping this will make things a lot easier and will update then,
on 29 June 2010
It's amazing how a simple little tool can make life so easy! My grandson only eats 'cut up' apples, and this is so simple - Line up, push down (firmly) -Voila! Has been in daily use since purchased. Recommended!
on 26 April 2015
This quickly converts an apple into small wedges. I find it easier to use than a conventional apple corer as it is easier to get the apple core out of the gadget after using it. The only downside is that there is a slight spray of apple juice upwards sometimes when pressing down on the corer but this is not a major nuisance. It seems to cope well with the dishwasher and we have certainly had more apples with our daily breakfast cereal since it arrived.
review image