Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 September 2013
I received this title whilst a medical student to review for the publisher and complete this review now as a junior doctor.

The at a Glance series of titles from Wiley publishers is perhaps one of the leading medical revision titles available in the medical market. This title in the at a Glance series on OSCEs is perhaps one of the most useful OSCE revision titles that I encountered whilst at medical school, it has the widest array of OSCE scenarios for the student to use in preparing for OSCEs regardless of the year of medical school you are in. I have found that each of the scenarios is well written and the accompanying answer schemes that you can access online for this title are a highly useful addition.

The only thing that I may have liked to have seen included with this title would have been some comments boxes from former medical students on how to approach some of these common OSCE stations. It would also have been nice to have included online videos that you can watch of some of these OSCE stations being performed, something that it would have been nice to see with this title.Otherwise I have found no other significant pitfalls with this title that I would want changed.

In conclusion this is certainly one of the best OSCE revision titles currently available on the market if you are looking to practice commonly encountered OSCE scenarios with the only other major title offering this being the new Macleod’s clinical OSCES which doesn’t have nearly as many scenarios as this title.

Competing Interests: Junior Doctor Book Reviewer - I received this title for free from the publisher whilst a Medical Student in order to review
on 14 July 2014
Good for group practice and nicely laid out. Gives you some idea of what could be tested and covers almost all of medicine and surgery for finals. Has some mark schemes online but not all are there!
on 22 November 2013
This book contains a good overview of potential OSCE cases and questions you may be asked but lacks model answers- meaning that in order to check whether you are up-to-standard for any given case you need to constantly refer elsewhere to find information which I felt made it very inefficient for revision.
on 30 June 2014
Excellent book.buse it with talley as it is a bit light on background stuff. Well worth the 26 odd pounds I paid for
on 17 May 2014
I used this for my osces and then tm written examinations it gave me confidence and structure
Recommended read x