Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 3 November 2013
This spray-glue makes basting quilts so much easier.

It sticks quite gently, so that if you find a few wrinkles once you've finished basting your layers together it's easy to peel them apart and re-position them (but make sure you peel the fabric off the wadding, as if you peel off the wadding it's more likely to stretch and distort).

Other reviews say it doesn't stay stuck for long enough, but I find it works like a dream. I've used it on a quilt which was two and a half metres by two and a half and this spray held the layers firmly while I quilted it very densely. I added a few safety pins around the edges just to make sure but I don't think I really needed to.

I bought a big can (they work out cheaper than the small ones, so do check the size before you buy) and so far I've used it to baste four large quilts, and there's still plenty left. This is well worth the cost, and works really well. I'll definitely be buying more.
on 6 January 2012
Really helpful product when you want to attach three layers of fabric. Very safe and very easy to use. Will buy again when it runs out
on 27 December 2012
I purchased the ODIF 505 tempoary spray to mount A3 and A4-size photographs on to foam mount board for a photograhic presenation evening. With minimal applcation of spray to the mount board, the photographs were successfully held for the duration of the evening.
A few days later the mount board and photographs were successfully separated with minimal effort and a quick wipe with a damp cloth to remove the dried spray to both mount boards and back face of the photographs. Due to the temporary nature of the spray it has entailed new uses and life to both mount board and photographs which would have been impossible with conventional mount spray. I can currently think of no other method that would have been less invasive or permenant and such a delight to use.
on 3 December 2012
Yes sticky stuff. It does what you expect. I have friends who use this all the time for sticking their quilts together and they have had the same tin for years, so I'm expecting it to last a life-time.
on 19 April 2014
Very good product - does what it says on the tin and really good for temporarily holding fabric and paper together whilst cutting or crafting. The only reason for 4 stars was it did on one occasion appear to cause my sewing machine to drag and then jam up - however that may have been user error - I may have applied slightly too much spray - so be aware to use sparingly - you only need to apply a very light sparing spray
on 9 February 2013
I have just used this product for the first time to sandwich togeether my patchwork quilt and I can't believe how easy it made the task. So much easier than the old method of dozens of pins and a lot more accurate as well. I will definitely use this product every time in the future.
on 5 January 2013
Good quality adhesive for quilting - very easy to apply and use, not too strong a smell which is great. Very effective.
on 13 July 2013
Since I was introduced o this product I have never looked back. Superb for holding quilts together (fabric and batting) and so simple. No more hours on the floor pinning and tacking. Great, great price and quick delivery too.
on 20 March 2013
This spray is really good for keeping your batting / wadding in place. It keeps in place whilst you sew too. Washes out in the machine.
on 31 July 2013
The spray did what I wanted to a point. I thought it would stick fabric to quilt better than it did, kept coming apart before I could sew
so therefore had to keep spraying,
It was temporary so that was possibly as it should have been and I was not quick enough to sew the quilt
On the whole it did as it said.