Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Cloud Drive Photos Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more

on 8 August 2012
Unless you're using it for the absolute top-of-the-range gaming rig or a server workstation this power supply comes with all the connectors you could ever need - 4xSATA, 2xMolex, 2xPCIE, 2xCPU, 1xATX 20+4, 1xFloppy. It easily delivers 500W, and it is cool and very quiet. What you get for the price is amazing - I'd definitely recommend this product.
on 1 September 2012
I was not to sure whether to buy this or not for my rig because of the price so I researched it and asked my friend who has one some questions it was apparently really good. So I bought it and installed it and loved it. It runs quietly delivers all the power I need for my gaming pc.
on 16 July 2012
Arrived next day,for great price.this power supply is well made and runs quietly with easy to follow instructions and all the conections, fanstic value.
on 6 October 2012
The Power Supply is a good one, if one really needs 500W. It is of course not for normal PCs which only have to run a normal home PC. The Power Supply has enough connectors, BUT it is definitely not a Power Supply for a tower- case. Sadly I have a tower- case, but managed to somehowe fix the cables so that they don't touch the hardware. But in general the cables are definitely too short. The Power Supply I used before had cable which was long enough, maybe even too long. So it depends on what you want. tower-case and high end? Then it is not really enough. Mid-case and normal usage --> definitely to recommend.
on 13 August 2013
this is psu is great for the price , it is fairly quiet and cool, it runs my gaming PC with an hd 7790 with no problems. but there is a little bit of noise when playing games but i don't really care about that very much
on 10 January 2013
Bought this to replace a cheapo PSU that came bundled with a case. I should have just bought a cheaper case and got this in the first place.

First of all, the seller. I ordered this item at 12pm, and by 12pm the next day it had arrived. Talk about great service.

Secondly, the item. It's a PSU right? It looks sleak, heavy, and well made. I'm not the most technical, but I build my own PC's, and I got this in with little or no hassle. I was on the phone at the time and installed it in about ~15 minutes with minor amounts of swearing. I was a little confused by the 20 pin adaptor, then noticed there is an extra 4 on a seperate cable - I guess that's for different form factor motherboards. Anyway, that gave me a nice little scare.

I hit the boot button and I genuinely thought it was a dead item - that's how quiet it is. It wasn't until my bootloader appeared on screen that I actually believed it was on.

It's only been 24 hours, so I can't comment on the longevity, but being a good quality brand, and judging by the build quality I'd say this is an excellent purchase for anyone looking for a mid-range, quiet PSU. Your search ends here.

---------

Update in 2015:

Unit died & fried mobo and chip with it.
Won't be buying any more OCZ products.
on 21 June 2013
Standard and easy ATX installation, took only a few minutes. The cables all came properly labelled and were well shielded. Good cable lengths for a midi case, would be short for a full size case. The cables were all clearly labelled. Very quiet in operation, I have used 4 other PSU's in builds which were significantly more expensive and this is just as quiet as those. For the price, hard to beat.
on 23 March 2013
purchased this for a new build as i wont be overclocking anything and this should handle what i want.
delivery was on time and it was well packaged (the same with everything i have purchased from amazon)
even though i dont have all the parts i need yet (i have the case,motherboard, this psu,and graphics card) i put it straight in the case which is a zalman z9 plus mid tower all except the 4 pin cpu lead i can route behind the motherboard in fact its barely long enough to go straight to the connection(reason for 4 stars not 5) with this in mind i found here on amazon a 4 pin extension reasonably priced so will be getting one of these and will route cable behind like the rest.

cable extension- http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008KXJM7Q/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

all in all i am happy with purchase but be aware of the short cable lengths especially in a mid tower or full tower
on 15 September 2012
Got an OCZ ZS550w for my main rig and decided to upgrade the psu on my other rig.Got this OCZ CXS500W this morning and its a little beauty.Plugged it in and all working perfectly (mine came with mounting screws)Its a no frills,no fancy stickers on the side psu but for the price its well worth it.Its solid,all the cables and connections are top quality and its silent.Does everything its supposed to and as its OCZ it comes with a standard 3 year Powerswap guarentee.For 35 quid it is a rock solid bargain.Just an observation not a critisism if you have to use the two 4 pin molex connectors make sure your hdd/dvd drives are no more than 3 inches apart because the two molexs are very close togeather.I had to move my hard drive to accomodate but no major hassle and as i said its an observation not a critisism.OCZ are the best there is and once again im a happy OCZ bunny :)
on 14 October 2012
Delivery was fairly quick. Good packaging, well organised cables and whole structure (cable protection), good build quality; it was very easy to assemble to the desktop case, all cables were well identified and easy to connect. I bought it as I needed more watts for the graphics card (Radeon HD 5850), I previously had a 300w PSU. This PSU is extremely quiet and it is very noticeable the difference, the desktop is actually a lot more cooler behind the case. I've used maximum settings on Crysis Warhead and the Power Supply remained quiet the same, you can't hear the fan at all.
Overall a great buy and it's enough to feed the desktop components plus the graphics card, performance wise is fantastic. I tough I needed 650w but this PSU does the job more than fine. Another thing is it does not have a back led which is fantastic for me.