on 9 July 2014
I bought this to replace the traditional VGA beamer and screen arrangement in our meeting room. The quality had always been poor but with a relocation the cable runs were just too long. The beamer was junked and I decided to go for a smart TV and connect wirelessly. The important feature was that there should be no requirement to install software on a pc or laptop connected to the display. Visitors need to use the system but may not have admin rights (or even want) to install something.
This does just plug and play. Quality is excellent. I have it operating over a distance of just 4 metres. We can swap the transmitter from laptop to laptop and it reconnects.
A coupe of points to note:
The mains power supplies are US plugs with some pretty rubbish adaptors but I used a USB socket from the TV to power the receiver. BE CAREFUL that they can supply enough current. The first one I tried had a limit of 0.5A and although the receiver lit up and seemed to do all the functions it wouldn't sync up. Moving the power lead to a "full-fat" USB did the trick.
The transmitter can be powered from a USB port on the laptop with a piggy-back cable.
The transmitter has a standard HDMI connector. If you have HP laptops, they use a different connector. You need to get an HP Display Port to HDMI adaptor - they're readily available for a few quid.

Works well and looks a bit flash!
on 24 November 2015
Before purchasing this I asked the community about the display lag and they were kind enough to reply some with with comprehensive answers.

I also watched some YouTube reviews and was almost convinced that there is no noticeable delay between the source playing out in to the transmitter and screen playback via the receiver. So I bought this.

I wanted this to be used by a remote focus puller with wireless follow focus for my camera on a Steadicam or gimball stabilisers. For those who might not be familiar with these equipments, it simply means that a person could see pictures remotely and keep the subject in focus as camera moves around. In professional world this requires accuracy and obviously no lag, or the picture will be out of focus for the duration of the delay (as the camera records it instantly, while it takes time for the focus puller to realise). The device advertisement claims ZERO latency.

I preformed a test and there obviously is a delay. In 25fps there is randomly between 4 to 10 frames delay. Please watch my test video.
Another artefact is frame dropping. There are drop frames in a totally random looking pattern.

In terms of range, although the claim is 30ft/10meter but in real life I started to get more and more drop frames from about 4-5 meters onward. 7 meter away and the picture was gone. This was indoor environment.

The trouble is that after getting back in to the range no automatic reconnection occurs. The only way to reconnect was to restart the device. So it seems that if you you lose the connection once for going beyond the range you would need to actually restart the entire shot.

However, it starts to work pain free as you set it up and turn it on. When it is connected the picture is streaming flawlessly and hassle-free.
The delay and frame drop wont be an issue for most domestic usages.

The only annoying fact is that the advertisement and claims are invalid.
on 14 January 2016
I'm a television cameraman and I use the Prime Digital HDMI sender along with my broadcast camera and a TFT field monitor. This device allows me to stream HD signal between the camera and the field monitor so that the producer can preview what I'm filming, without dangerous cables and wires trailing.

The great benefit for using it in this application is that both the receiver and the transmitter are powered by USB and cant be powered by a USB power bank.

I've managed to get it working seamlessly within 30 feet obviously this is in line of sight, but admittedly if you are filming in old houses or castles it sometimes doesn't like travelling through thick walls.

The reason I have given it a full five stars is that it has saved me around £2000 if I was going to buy a pre-build broadcast monitor and HDMI send unit.

I can confirm the image does send out a full HD 1080 I signal with no noticeable delay.
on 8 March 2016
I bought this unit to send video across my living room from a Pioneer receiver to a Benq projector; a distance of around 14 feet with line of sight and no obstructions. Here are the pros and cons for this unit:

PROS
1) Relatively inexpensive. Actually, I thought £200 was rather expensive to replace a 14 ft cable but that was my choice and I couldn't find anything else at this price.
CONS
1) There is noticeable noise on the picture at this range. It's not totally unacceptable but it is visible. It is not HD quality at this range. If anyone walks between the receiver and the transmitter the picture degrades severely.
2) The pairing of the transmitter and receiver when signal is applied to the former takes ages. Around 25 seconds at my last count.
3) Both units get incredibly hot. You cannot pick up the receiver if you touch the metal parts. If this was in an enclosed space I would suspect it could be a fire hazard.
4) Not sure whether this is an issue with the Nyrius or not (but it only happens with this unit involved). If I have a Apple TV -> A/V Receiver -> Nyrius -> Projector then around 20% of the time the ATV picture will become corrupt and shows mainly a green screen. The only way around this is to turn all the devices off and power up again.

In short, not recommended.
on 28 December 2015
This arrived this afternoon, I put the transmitter in my upstairs office, and the receiver in the lounge downstairs, about 25 feet diagonal and through a ceiling, no signal! Connected the transmitter to a video camera with HDMI output and a portable USB 5v supply, at about 15 foot, downstairs it connected, quite a good picture, but 30 foot......No way!
I am now going to arrange for it to be collected. Back to the drawing board.
on 29 May 2015
Great. Better build quality then our "professional" Paralinx Arrow unit at half the price. Brilliant.
on 12 August 2015
Excellent product, no signal loss/artefacts on 4K tv (in 1080p) and 4K video projector as well. Sturdy MINI usb cable and plug (to avoid breaking the device it's a great point) build quality is amazing. One point however, the HDMI cable from the receiver could be very hot after several minutes. you have to be sure that nothing covers it during use.
on 13 March 2016
Purchased for the training room at work to link with the tv. Works really well, no lag from the laptop to the tv screen, easy enough to set up. No software apps needed so that by plugging in the dongle to any laptop works seamlessly.
Expensive compared to what you can get from auction sites but well worth it.
on 7 July 2015
I got this for the firm I work for, as we were tired of trailing an HDMI cable across the meeting room, to the TV. The unit works really well in our environment, where the sender and receiver are in the same, smallish, room.

The only reason I'm not giving this 5 stars is to do with the supplied power connectors... both sender and receiver require power using a mini USB (NOT the usual micro-USB used for phone chargers).. and you are supplied with a single USB to mini cable for the sender and a a bulky mains to mini cable for the receiver... the mains connector is made even worse for requiring an international adapter (supplied). As we ultimately want to mount the receiver behind the TV, I've had to order a separate mains to mini USB connector.

One other minor gripe is that the sender is quite bulky and depending on the location of the HDMI socket on your laptop/device, it may well block you from using a nearby USB connector for anything... I've just managed to fit a nano wireless mouse connector next to it, but they still push against each other and it's not exactly pretty!
on 20 September 2015
doesnt come with European power supply plug. Nyrius support center is responsive but say I must purchase a Belkin adapter. I don't think requiring customers to pay an extra 20USD more for a 200USD product is the right approach.