on 1 June 2012
I purchased this for my 3 (nearly 4 year old) who is soon to start school. She whizzed through it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although it is about numbers and counting there are lots of nice pictures, mazes and colouring to do so its not all maths and has an element of fun to it. Also it is short, just a thin excercise book, a double page per number (1-10). Just the right amount for a child. Its been very useful for me to understand exactly what she can do with numbers, and I was pleased with the results. Will buy more from this set.
on 27 January 2015
I bought this book for my son when he was almost 4 to help teach him numbers. At the time he could count but not recognise written numbers. I found this book didn't help him with this although he did enjoy working through it. Now he's been at school a few months he got much more out of the last few pages but only because he's now learnt to recognise them at school.

I give this book 2 stars because I feel that this book is too short (1 number per double page spread) to be useful a teaching aid also the number 9 looks exactly like this letter q which I think is misleading.
on 21 August 2015
his book is okay and the exercises in it are relevant if your child is soon going to be starting school, but I thought it was overpriced for what it was.
It's not very long and considering that young children need quite a bit of repetition in the exercises they do in order to bed in key skills, you end up either rubbing out what they've done to start again or photocopying pages. There are similar resources on plenty of places on the internet that can be downloaded for free, so while I wouldn't necessarily say 'don't buy this', I would advise you to check the internet out first.
on 18 November 2011
Grandson loved working his way through this book. This was the first book i tried as I didn't know the level he was at and he sailed though it and really enjoyed it
on 27 November 2012
My 4-year-old enjoys doing the exercises in this book over and over again - made possible, because paper is good enough quality to endure frequent rubbing out.
on 2 September 2013
My 3 year old loves this so I have now ordered book 2 in numbers and other collins books for writing. A great challenge for them but easy to follow.
on 4 June 2015
Bought with two other books. Would recommend getting tracing paper as it isn't wipe clean.
on 23 May 2015
Not enough sheets to practice with a pen but good to beginner book
on 29 December 2013
Great little books packed with all sorts of activities and opportunities for fun learning. I bought this in conjunction with other similar books and they arrived well packaged and quick.
on 15 April 2013
my 3 1/2 year old loved it. She wanted to finish the whole book in one go. We like the bits where she has to circle the objects and the bits to color in between. Excellent book.