Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Aug 2009 14:34:50 BDT
Clariana says:
I really enjoyed this book although I see from the reviews above that it is not a universal favourite, like some of the others.

There are a few things that have intrigued me. Will Sookie be changed forever by her experience with the two fairies at the end of the book? She seems to say she will (is this Buffy season 6 all over again? BTW, I loved season 6...).

Why was Eric late in saving her? Politics? The bond? Something else?

What did Eric mean when he said to her: "You are killing me", is the bond making him human? Making him feel?

What did Pam mean when she said: "As Eric will live on in Sookie", is Eric dying?

Grateful for any views.

Posted on 13 Aug 2009 09:48:14 BDT
Shelly says:
I think he mean she was killing him emotionally by pointing out bill was there not him, though it could be possible he is feeling more human through sookie. I think Pam was refering to the fact that Sookie now has so much of Erics blood in her that if he dies he will live on in her, as Clancy lives on in Bill as Bill took his blood. Though there was a reference in the book that Sookie + Eric have shared so much blood he doesn't know what will happen if they share more now. I dont think hes dying though, ill be disappointed if he does.

Posted on 17 Aug 2009 19:07:32 BDT
J. Manson says:
Dead and Gone: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse Vampire Myst)

I have been worrying about Eric ever since I read this book and can hardly stand the wait until next year.

I think that when Sookie noticed Eric had been cut during the fight against the fairies, the blade might have been silver! It was noted that he did not give Sookie any more blood over the following days, even though it would have helped her recovery, and he had even taken blood from Pam. We know that Bill would need lots of blood to get over the silver poisoning and perhaps the same has happened to Eric. That is maybe why Pam said "You will live on in Sookie". Oh no. I can't get this possibility to go away. I love Eric and really hope he survives and he and Sookie stay together.[[

Posted on 17 Aug 2009 19:09:51 BDT
J. Manson says:

I have been worrying about Eric ever since I read this book and can hardly stand the wait until next year.

I think that when Sookie noticed Eric had been cut during the fight against the fairies, the blade might have been silver! It was noted that he did not give Sookie any more blood over the following days, even though it would have helped her recovery, and he had even taken blood from Pam. We know that Bill would need lots of blood to get over the silver poisoning and perhaps the same has happened to Eric. That is maybe why Pam said "You will live on in Sookie". Oh no. I can't get this possibility to go away. I love Eric and really hope he survives and he and Sookie stay together.[[

Posted on 19 Aug 2009 14:41:20 BDT
Sian Louise says:
i actually found myself missing Bill when reading this. I used to prefer Eric but I have switched and am backing Bill now. Sookie is a bit hard on him I think esp as he truly does love her etc. I also love Sam also.

This wasnt my favourite book of the series though, it wasnt as good as i thought it was going to be. I thought it would be more on the shapeshifters etc all coming out to the world etc but it wasn't :(

Posted on 2 Sep 2009 09:49:37 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 2 Sep 2009 09:51:29 BDT]

Posted on 2 Sep 2009 10:00:41 BDT
DM101 says:
I think Eric must have had a very good reason for not coming to Sookie's aid when she was first captured. He has always been there to protect her in the past, so it would be extremely out of character for him not to do so in this instance, when she clearly needed him the most. Could it be that his new boss, the King, didn't want Eric and his vamps to get involved in fae politics? I know that Eric and Sookie are pledged but maybe the king did not want Eric to get involved in something which does not concern the vamp community directly. This theory could also also explain Pam's comment about Eric living on in Sookie. Maybe Eric will now have to defend himself because he didn't obey the king's orders?
This is just a theory, I may be totally off base here so do let me know what you think!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Oct 2009 12:13:37 BDT
MsL says:
From Wiki!! Sookie Stackhouse has finally settled into a relationship with the Viking vampire Eric, and her errant brother Jason seems to have his life in order, too. But all the other people in Sookie's life - Eric himself, her former lover Bill, her friend and boss Sam - are having family problems. Eric's maker shows up with Eric's `brother' in tow, the ailing Bill can only be healed by a blood sibling, and Sam's brother's marriage is about to take place ...or will it? The furor raised by the coming out of the two-natured has yet to settle; some people are just not ready to sit down to dinner with a man who turns into a dog. And Sookie herself is still recovering from her last ordeal. She's definitely improving, physically and mentally, but she's always going to have some dark moments now. The werewolves tell her that there have been strange and ominous passers-by in the Stackhouse woods; now Sookie is about to come face-to-face with one of her more distant relatives ...

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2009 13:37:54 GMT
stepan says:
I bet Vampire Bill has contacted Eric's maker through his Vamps Reunited computer program to distract Eric so he can get Sookie back, and that's why Eric didn't appear in time to save Sookie - and why Eric seems more hostile than ever to Bill. In this book Eric suddenly started talking about his marker's horrible control over him, and we know he appears in the next novel, so I bet the guy appeared just as Eric wanted to go rescue Sookie...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  2 Aug 2009
Latest post:  24 Nov 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse Novels)
Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse Novels) by Charlaine Harris (Hardcover - 5 May 2009)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (141)