Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 16 January 2014
* Physical

The book has well bound pages on sturdy paper.

* Target Audience

As my title suggests, this book is a fabulous introduction to basic nuclear physics theory. If you already have some previous basic electrical theory, of H.N.C / H.N.D and above, this book will truly blow you away with its magnificently designed to an audience - level exploration of the nuclear topics. The graphs are really, really descriptive and helpful to give the reader a real feel of what is going on. This books first 7 chapters or so are clearly designed to give you a real feel of the topics. The later areas, such as how the science is applied to real need, such the 'Biological Effects of Radiation' seem to be tacked on with less descriptive merit, but to show that its included and is described with a broad explanations.

I read this book first in 2008, when I was in hospital and it kept my mind busy. Recently I tried the Krane, 'Introductory Nuclear Physics' but found that I had forgotten the prior knowledge level from this type of book, so could not make progress with the Krane and ground to a halt. This 'Nuclear Physics, principles and Applications' is a true star as its that's written to a well-defined target segment audience, at a fair price, and it fulfills its purpose superbly.

Update: I bought the Krane hard copy (second - hand) through Amazon via a book sale sourced from the University of York library. I paid around 25% of the cost is selling for now. In my opinion go for the paper back edition of Krane.
on 14 June 2013
this beautiful, concise, clear, modern introduction to nuclear physics ia a must have both for students and professionals in the field, half of the book is an interesting review of nuclear physics applications
on 11 May 2014
As a nuclear physics student this book was recommended to me as a core textbook for my course. It is a great textbook to learn from the bottom up, and would accompany any physics course well.
on 21 December 2015
Thanks for the perfect service , Amazing book
on 11 December 2015
A bit heavy going. Not a beginners book