Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 July 2009
According to the NOW complilations website this is the official track listing for NOW 73:

CD1
Lady Gaga - Poker Face
Cascada - Evacuate The Dancefloor
David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over
Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone
La Roux - In For The Kill
Tinchy Stryder feat. N-Dubz - Number 1
A R Rahman & The Pussycat Dolls feat. Nicole Scherzinger - Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)
Chipmunk feat. Emeli Sande - Diamond Rings
Lily Allen - Not Fair
Pixie Lott - Mama Do (Uh Oh, Uh Oh)
P!nk - Please Don't Leave Me
The Veronicas - Untouched
Katy Perry - Waking Up In Vegas
Girls Aloud - Untouchable
Agnes - Release Me
Freemasons feat. Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer)
Alesha Dixon - Let's Get Excited

The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
Soulja Boy Tell `Em feat. Sammie - Kiss Me Thru The Phone
Akon feat. Kardinal Offishall & Colby O'Donis -Beautiful
Flo Rida feat. Wynter - Sugar
Ironik feat. Chipmunk & Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Hold Me Closer)
Pitbull - I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
Dizzee Rascal & Armand Van Helden - Bonkers
The Prodigy - Warrior's Dance
3OH!3 - Don't Trust Me
Kasabian - Fire
Florence + The Machine - Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)
Noisettes - Never Forget You
Little Boots - New In Town
James Morrison - Please Don't Stop The Rain
Paolo Nutini - Candy
Empire Of The Sun - We Are The People
Deadmau5 & Kaskade - I Remember
Chicane - Poppiholla

Judging by this track listing this is a very good CD indeed, surpassing NOW 72, although I was a bit disappointed with the second disc. Some great songs are however mysteriously absent like Take That's top 10 "Said It All" (instead we get "Up All Night" which was much less popular), Britney Spears' "Circus", Lady GaGa's "Paparazzi", Enrique Iglesias feat. Ciara's "Takin' Back My Love", La Roux's current #1 "Bulletproof", Kelly Clarkson's "I Do Not Hook Up", "Pussycat Dolls' "Hush, Hush; Hush, Hush", and possibly others too. Quitting the trends from NOW 71 and NOW 72, no artists make a double appearance this time, which is a shame as I feel Lady GaGa especially had deserved two songs on this set.

I would still recommended this CD to everyone who wants to complete their NOW collection with this latest installment, or music fans who wants to own some of the most popular songs from the last 3-4 months. A piece of music history is captured, and I am sure will be cherished for a long time.
55 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 September 2009
I purchased the NOW 73 Album to use in my college tutor group, I wanted something up to date but acceptable to most tastes. This album is doing the job for a 45+ teacher and 15 - 18 year old students ha! not liked by all but should I say tolerated as in an effort to accept I tried !!!
on 12 December 2009
The discs were delivered very quick and in tact. only problem was I cannot put it on to the computer into my music libary, this is only a small problem.more annoying as I have to boorrow a CD player to listen to the disc.apart from that it is very good...
on 27 August 2009
I am already for years a collector of the Now that's what I call Music-CD's and never was disappointed with what was on all the CD's - buying the Now-cd's ya are always up-to-date as it comes to what is going on the British single chart
on 1 September 2009
bought for a bbq i held for over 30 friends who all have very different music tastes and album stayed on all night and was liked by all , could need some more 'rockier' songs however great for parties all the same
on 28 February 2014
not 1 of the best of the series but not bad. only bought to add to my collection of now's. wish they would release 2/12 of the nows like they did with number 1 they were the best ones in the series.
on 31 July 2009
Considering that the Now albums usually use the clean radio edits of songs, I was shocked to see that they'd included the full version of Britney Spears' "If You Seek Amy".

I think they sometimes forget that there are gaggles of 10 year-olds that buy these albums. I didn't really want my young daughter running around singing "all the boys want to eff-you-see-kay me".
on 16 August 2009
I have everyone of the 73 Now That's What I Call Music volumes. I like this CD because it keeps my collection up to date. It lets me have all the up to date songs on one CD which saves me having to buy lots of different CD's. It is also easy for me to find any of the songs that I wish to listen to. The price of this CD was vey reasonable which encouraged me to buy it from you.
on 14 January 2010
...a compilation album reflecting the hits of its time. Bought for my sister, she loves it. Cannot expect to love all the songs but perfect for parties etc.
on 25 August 2009
normal pop drivel for the kids, nothing special, I would like to see some more British Bands included on the next one to give some variety.