Format: Mini-Disc|Change
Price:£29.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 31 July 2001
I have seen the London show a few times now and this CD has taken the most popular and strongest songs to form a good solid preview of what the show is about. A few notable absenses let it down slightly, such as Florence and The Court of the miracles, but anything short of the full english show soundtrack would let the avid fans down. All in all it is a great way to be introduced to the show and a nice reminder of a live performance, I just wish they would bring out the whole thing.
on 13 December 2002
This CD contains highlights from the London production of the French musical and features four members of the original French cast - Daniel Lavoie, Garou, Bruno Pelletier and Luck Mervil. In the role of Esmeralda is Aussie songbird Tina Arena who turns in a fairly decent performance that is let down by her insistance on singing notes so low that ("Bohemienne") even husky-voiced Garou would have trouble reaching. Steve Balsamo, famous for his role in Jesus Christ Superstar, is good but seems out of place when singing "Belle" with Garou and Lavoie. Luck Mervil as Clopin is good. Natasha St-Pierre's Fleur-de-Lys only gets one song ("My Heart If You Will Swear") and it is the sexiest song on the album. Lavoie as Frollo is brilliant. Pelletier's Gringoire is as equally brilliant and pours his heart and soul into "Moon". Garou as deformed bell-ringer Quasimodo is the stand-out performance. Although his voice is quite gruff, his power and emotion make "God You Made The World All Wrong" and "Dance My Esmeralda" unforgettable songs. Cocciantes music is fablous. Some of Jenning's (famous for "My Heart Will Go On") lyrics are a bit odd but are, unlike some other musicals, almost a direct translation of the original French lyrics. Fans of the show will adore this album but if you are a fan of traditional West-End musicals then this CD is probably not for you.
on 5 July 2001
This is not a complete soundtrack of the show and a couple of good songs are missing. Maybe if they had stuck to one recording of "Live for the One I Love" there would have been space for the duet between Esmerelda and Fleur De Lys. It's still a good CD tho! - perhaps mainly as a reminder of the show rather than a stand-alone Soundtrack.
on 11 February 2001
I've seen the show twice in London, where I bought the CD. I listened to it every night during my one-month stay in London, and I now know every song by heart. When is the show coming to the states??? The songs are moving and the performers are amazing. If you haven't yet heard the songs or seen the performances, I highly recommend it! Out of the six shows I saw in London and all the CD's I own, this is my new favorite, and I believe it will stay that way for a long time. Now, I just wish I could find an English-speaking DVD recording of a performance..
on 5 November 2013
This was the First Album I bought as a young Girl, It is now so scatched I can't play it any more so I was pleased to find it again. I still love Peter Noone and his Music as i did in the 60 the songs as so good now as they were then.
on 28 January 2001
This is a great show, I'vde only seen it in Frensh on DVD, and I'm dying to see it in London. The music is great, it's undoubtably as good as "Les Miserábles".
on 10 October 2001
My family and i had the pleasure of seeing the very last perfomance of this totally underrated musical. it helps if you have seen the show but...the songs and the performers will help set the scene if you have not. The songs are strong amd beautiful. I just hope that oneday it will be restaged in the westend. It is fabulous.