Shop now Learn more Shop now Up to 50% off Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Halloween Pets Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Learn more Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 38 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Feb 2013 09:24:09 GMT
Grant Wilde says:
I preordered Ni No Kuni around a week or so ago, why hasn't it been marked as dispatched yet? Has anyone else's been marked as dispatched?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2013 09:56:41 GMT
M says:
If you asked for it to be 1st class then it would have been despatched for launch. If you use free delivery its unlikely to arrive on launch day. Also if you ordered after the 24th Jan you wont get it as they sold out.

Should get mine today as I preordered early.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 10:10:05 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Feb 2013 10:13:14 GMT
Grant Wilde says:
The issue is that it hasn't even been dispatched yet - think I may have pre-ordered on the 24th >_<

*EDIT* have confirmed there is stock available to fulfil my order and that it'll probably be dispatched later today - frustrating as i've kept this evening free...

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 10:24:09 GMT
PWK says:
Mine was noticed as dispatched yesterday when I checked. It's either because of the delivery option you chose or just bad luck.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 10:44:34 GMT
You should have ordered from , got mine a day before release like all games I pre-order from them. 37 with free first class delivery. :)

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 11:13:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Feb 2013 11:14:40 GMT
Grant Wilde says:
Further to our conversation, I'm sorry about the delay with your order #204... for the PS3 game Ni No Kuni.

As we discussed, Ni No Kuni is now back-ordered and we expect to dispatch your order on the 19th February using 1st Class delivery.

I have asked him to ensure all other people who's pre-orders won't be fulfilled are alerted, definitely frustrating, just hope there are some physical copies left at my local stores!

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 17:18:19 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Feb 2013 17:22:22 GMT
Cottagelover says:
Yeah amazon have dropped the ball once again. I contacted them to see where my delivery was last night as it hadn't been dispatched. Was "promised" that it had been dispatched last night but low and behold, no delivery today and its now due to be delivered tomorrow. So they lie now and they cancel preorders when they want to. I think I'm finally done with Amazon now, they seem to pull this rubbish all the time. The independant retailers through Amazon are more reliable than they are.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 18:03:46 GMT
Definitely disappointed. I've cancelled my order.
It's out of stock everywhere, which annoys me. I was looking forward to this game.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 22:13:56 GMT
I am another furious customer who was drawn in by the pre-order incentive only to find that not only will I no longer be entitled to the DLC (why I don't know - I did pre-order after all) but the estimated arrival date is now 25th - 27th February. Only nearly a month later...

I have written a stern email to amazon customer services and I recommend everyone else affected also does.

As my wife has told me, it's companies like this (and people like us who depend so much on these online giants) that are causing the demise of the high street as we know it...

Posted on 1 Feb 2013 22:20:42 GMT
Cottagelover says:
yeah i thought its ok i can just go into my local town and buy it... but no, no HMV, no GAME :( tescos will only list it after its been out for a week as they only have a top 10 chart in my local store, sad days :(

Posted on 3 Feb 2013 09:27:22 GMT
DeeJay says:
Its sold out everywhere because not enough copies were made to supply demand. How this is Amazons fault is beyond me. As for getting games on release day, will waiting really kill you? Its certainly not worth getting worked up over is it? Play something else in the mean time.

The annoying this is, everytime a big games is released some impatient person starts a thread about it, asking if other peoples have been despatched, if they have received it yet, etc. If you want it gauranteed for release date, either take the walk into town and buy it yourself, or pay for next day delivery. Dont select free supersaver delivery, or 1st class and complaint its taken a few days

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2013 13:07:44 GMT
Cottagelover says:
I didnt select super saver I selected Amazon Prime for delivery. And im sorry but when a company takes money from you and then proceeds to not give you what you paid for and lies to you about that fact to keep you happy is not right. And especially if there isnt anywhere on the high street for me to buy this item. And as it was meant to be a birthday present for my younger sister that has now been and gone. I have every right to be unhappy and to voice my opinion on this forum.

Its not a case of being impatient, its a case of being lied to, let down and not being informed about the lack of stock until after they took my money.

Posted on 3 Feb 2013 14:02:25 GMT
Kia Bright says:
I was happy to wait patiently for the game and certainly didn't blame amazon for it. But while out shopping, I noticed a local store (in Switzerland) had the game, so I bought it and cancelled my order. A nice surprise that.

Posted on 3 Feb 2013 14:42:12 GMT
M. K. Hobbs says:
I ordered this a week in advance. I was not informed that there would be any delays due to a lack of stock. I paid for 1st class delivery - which is a bit redundant now. I really think the customer should be told if Amazon can't meet a reasonable time scale for delivery. Surely they know their own stock? Annoyed...

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2013 14:45:38 GMT
Kia Bright says:
that's true. amazon had to know of the impending delay before Feb 1st. strange if they didn't.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2013 23:25:33 GMT
DeeJay, it is amazon's fault because
a) They took more orders (by means of offering an incentive) than they could fulfil.
b) Didn't bother alerting their customers by email, instead putting a notice on the 'ni no kuni' page. Why would someone revisit that page if they have already ordered? I only did on the 31st Jan because my copy hadn't shipped.

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 18:27:07 GMT
K Danaher says:
I just spent a good two hours trying to get this resolved. Amazon have basically oversold inadequate stock and are now asking us to wait 3 weeks after release day for dispatch (not delivery, dispatch).

After being escalated to a supervisor in customer service I was told that the only way to escalate my issue further was to send a letter of complaint, an example of further poor service (why should we have to do all the work based on their mistake). Regardless, I've written a letter of complaint and sent it here as an attachment:

I think we should pretty much all do that and let them know how unhappy with our with their flagrant unprofessional practice at overselling a pre-order item, not informing us and not doing anything to try and rectify it.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2013 19:33:40 GMT
M. K. Hobbs says:
I've had enough of this. Amazon should not be offering goods for pre-order when they know they do not have the stock. I've cancelled and taken my money to Game, who have it in stock for the normal price of 39.99 (free 2 day delivery) - not these 50-70 price tags we are seeing.

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 22:00:53 GMT
Ethan G says:
I dont get it either, I cant see what the pre order means then. Surely the pre-order information would be what the suppliers would use to know how many to produce for the launch?

Anyway they are still saying on my order that no estimated date can be given at this time which is the weirdest thing. Ive never seen that on Amazon in all these years. I see a couple of people on here said they have been told near the end of the month but im hoping this was just to cover themselves. I just read an article online saying that new stock would hit the UK this week.

Fingers crossed!

Posted on 5 Feb 2013 15:31:54 GMT
When I ordered this it was about a week prior to release. When I ordered it there was a label with 4 copies left. When I ordered, I asume it would have went to 3 copies left since I booked it in advance and I would have got it on the day or if not 2 or 3 after. Still not dispatched and the selling page says that there is 10 copies (new) in stock. That is out of order... If there is 10 new ones where the hell is mine. Stop selling them and give us ours first I say

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2013 16:16:22 GMT
Cottagelover says:
Well I've already had a refund processed but I'm still waiting for the copy to be delivered so I can refuse delivery! Doesnt look like its coming. Order still says 2nd Feb Estimated delivery but obviously theres no tracking info with first class and the Post Office can't tell me where it is as well. How hard can it be to just put something in a brown sleeve and post it to someones house?? Im going to try pick it up from Tesco's tomorrow as it will be hitting their top 10 chart. This is probably the last time I will preorder from an online retailer. More hassle than its worth.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2013 17:03:14 GMT
K. Davison says:
I have had the same problem with non delivery. I pre ordered from GAME. Apparently " shipped" one week ago. I usually receive these orders the day before release, so far nothing. GAME will not even talk to me until 2 weeks has elapsed. I suspect it never even left the warehouse and has already been sold on e bay.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 06:53:46 GMT
Tim Jewell says:
Except they haven't taken your money yet. That doesn't happen until just before the item is dispatched.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 14:43:22 GMT
Telik says:
I got my Wizard Edition no problem on release day from amazon. All those complaining that ordered the normal edition on or after the 24th on January have no cause for blaming amazon as it was clearly stated on the products page you would not get it on release due to lack of stock.

As for the lack of stock this again is of no fault to amazon. The game sold far better than the publishers anticipated it would so there was not enough stock in the first run. Simply. And as far as the dlc familiars are concerned that was of no fault to amazon either as they would of been given a limited number of codes so of course those who ordered first would get them, this was also clearly stated on the products page.

People should learn to read before ordering something instead of complaining about something that was already explained before the order was placed.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013 15:15:28 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2013 15:17:27 GMT
Cottagelover says:
Way to ignore what has been said previously. I didn't actually get any information that there was low stock until 1am on the day of release. By that time I was told it had been dispatched already and the money was taken from my bank.

As of yet the refunded game hasn't shown up so it looks like I was lied to seeing as a refund isn't normally granted unless the item is lost in the post or is damaged on arrival etc.

Whichever way you want to swing it. Amazon would have known about lack of stock prior to 1am on release day. And would have known some preorders wouldn't have been fulfilled. When it comes to preorders amazon employ quite a shady set of standards. Three times in the past preordered products have been wiped off the site and then re listed with higher prices. And therefore they circumvent the pre order Price guarantee. And each of those three times they have reinstated the initial product price that I preordered at. After of course I approached them about this shady practice

The pre order market is huge and amazon will do anything to make sure they get a lot of preorders and won't let you know your not getting the item even if they have full prior knowledge. They have done it in the past and have done it again here.

The lack of stock isn't the issue. It's the failure to notify the customer adequately so they can make an informed decision to get the item elsewhere. Which is why I and i'm sure many others won't be pre ordering games again from them.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  1 Feb 2013
Latest post:  10 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about