Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Dec 2008 11:53:10 GMT
I wanted somewhere to post my thanks, so here goes. First, thanks once again to J.K Rowling. It is because of this woman I started to read again. At the time, I wasn't into reading books, and then when I did read them, I was hooked and couldn't wait to read the next book. Thank you (and the other six who have these books# for allowing the book to be published and spreading a little joy into our lives where there is only gloom at the minute. This book allows people to escape into a little world of their own, even if it is only for an hour or two. Thanks to mam #god bless her# for buying the third book first, then fourth, then first, then second and was then able to read the story from the beginning. If it had not been for mam, I don't think I would have read them at all. Thanks to Amazon for releasing the tales and for the collector's edition- I love it so much like so many! Some say it's an expensive book, but it has brought so much joy to so many people. I hope lots of money has been raised and that many children's lives will be changed for the better, and hope they all have the Christmas they truly deserve.
I want to thank all the people I have traded with and for making the first few months a happy and enjoyable experience. I was wary of internet shopping, but when we had the internet installed #one of the best things dad's ever done!# I was amazed how easy it was, and how cheap. Although I will still shop on the high street, I will continue to use the internet.
A special mention to Professor Potter, who has replied to many a post of mine, but who also seems to have a level head, like many on here. For any Americans who have read my other discussion, i meant no offense, just mearly suggesting you all enjoy it for what it is. There are many other things going on in the world #war, credit crunch, job losses etc# so compared to all that, it is a little trivial and doesn't matter if the metal bits aren't completly straight or the pages aren't ragged like the original. Ater all, it is a reproduction, and we should just be grateful that it was released at all.
To all those who have not yet had their books, i really hope you get them soon. Please conntact amazon, badger them and hopefully, you will get your reward. For those hoping to get it for christmas, i hope santa does bring it to you, and to all those who already have it and have read it #like me#, i hope you enjoyed it as much as i did and savoured the stories.
Finally, i want to wish everyone a very happy christmas, and healthy new year, and to enjoy the days ahead. Remember, someday things will get better, but we just have to ride it out at the minute. Spend time with the people you love and enjoy it for what it is- quality time that can't be bought. #If it sounds a little soppy, sorry, but it's just how i feel!)
Merry christmas x

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2008 14:20:29 GMT
tjcdjc says:
Well said!

I'm an American and I wasn't offended by any of your posts. I agree, it's all trivial. You have the proper spirit to enjoy the book. I've only gotten my SE. Since I ordered both (SE and CE) from the UK the CE won't get here until the 18th. I can't wait to see it (flaws and all!) Merry Christmas to you as well.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2008 14:20:57 GMT
Lindsey,
This is the best post EVER that I have read on Amazon!!! These are my thoughts exactly!!!
Thank you for this post!!! :)

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2008 11:47:36 GMT
Thanks to you both- your comments really made my day! Runil- glad you got the CE (read it in another forum!) and i hope you enjoy it. tjcdjc- i hope you will love it for what it is. It really is worth waiting for (again, it's my opinion but i hope you feel the same way!). x

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Dec 2008 00:16:32 GMT
Sniff, that was lovely Lindsey. You have been a great leader of these forums.

And glad you are enjoying your new delight in internet shopping but I hope you are also exercising caution when placing orders online. Shop with the reputable such as a small little shop called Amazon which is getting good word of mouth ;). And always pay through secure shopping channels etc.

Hey Runil, I too am glad you finally received your book, I have been nosily observing you and your friend's hijacking of the other thread ;) But a great happy ending there for him too finally receiving his CE.

So have a really great festive season, everyone!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  15 Dec 2008
Latest post:  19 Dec 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions