Customer Discussions > The Seven Worst Men in London forum

Not one for great Aunty May!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Apr 2009 17:02:39 BDT
Ken Scott says:
I had the privilege of indulging myself in this book (review copy)during a delayed night flight from Gatwick to New York. I had intended to use the first few chapters to work on my over tired eyelids and put me firmly in the land of nod.
Impossible!
From the outset, the book reeled me in and hooked me firmly on an oh so sweet and salty tasting barb. My curiosity was aroused (good choice of word, believe me.)from the very start as I tried to guess the celebrity behind each perverted but unquestionably true story. Each story is written by our protagonist Giles Vickers Jones, told first hand by each individual, I imagine, during a raucous drink and drug fuelled weekend in either Amsterdam, Prague or the good old west end of London where the majority of the tales take place. Vickers-Jones does not hold back on the language or the seriously explicit tales of conquests, threesomes, spit roasts, orgies and downright perverted filth. And neither he should. The book is written so skilfully that you can simply imagine sitting at the well stocked table flowing with alcohol in your all time favourite bar, somewhere in your dark and distant past with the type of friends you'd die for. The humour of the book is awesome, original boys own stuff, a kind of mix between Roy of the Rovers and Debbie does Dallas with Linda Lovelace looking in from the wings with her mouth full. The book works wonderfully well and its a great 'lads' read. I imagine it will be handed around to girlfriends and wives too, maybe both... Just make sure it's not left around for great Aunty May to pick up.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  22 Apr 2009
Latest post:  22 Apr 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Seven Worst Men in London
The Seven Worst Men in London by Giles Vickers-Jones (Paperback - 18 May 2009)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (2)