Not Her Best By Any Stretch

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Feb 2014 15:14:55 GMT
Lynda Kelly says:
This wasn't one of her best in this series by any stretch. I'd seen reviews of her last one, Scarpetta, and they were pretty bad and yet I enjoyed that one. This one had loads of bad reviews as well but in this case I agree with them.
Once again she was doing that thing with the characters holding two conversations at the same time which is quite annoying.
The story also refers quite a lot to incidents a long time before and talks about people back then I don't remember while also introducing ones we've never seen before but it seems assumed we have. It was quite messy-all over the place with timings, too. Two characters would be having an interview with somebody and we had to sit through every look, everything they drank, etc. THEN it goes back to other parts of the story and doesn't let us know exactly what happened in the prior interview !! It got very laboured and I wasn't eager to pick it back up again, I must say.
There were those added hyphens again I'd mentioned in Scarpetta. Clearly something amiss with formatting but not good enough in a paid for tale. (Like pro-filers/Black-berry/Mer-cedes).
Then hatever was used in place of whatever which was pretty sloppy. I'm not sure why Realtors were capitalised yet car salesmen weren't, either !
Let's hope the next one Port Mortuary will be an improvement !
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  28 Feb 2014
Latest post:  28 Feb 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Scarpetta Factor (Kay Scarpetta Mysteries)
The Scarpetta Factor (Kay Scarpetta Mysteries) by Patricia Cornwell (Audio CD - 20 Oct 2009)
3.0 out of 5 stars   (289)