- Platform: Windows XP
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Norton Internet Security 2007 (Upgrade Edition) (PC)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Prevent spyware, viruses and other security risks from getting on your system
- Cleans systems infected with viruses and spyware, including hidden threats
- Guard against online personal data theft
- Control what comes in and out of your system
- Protect your home network and wireless connection
- Automatically stay protected against the latest threats with expert help
- Easy to setup and use
From the moment you install it, you're getting protection from the latest online threats. Norton Internet Security is always running in the background to detect and block spyware, viruses, worms, crimeware, and other risks. And no matter where you connect online, your security settings are optimized to give you maximum protection....
Stay protected from the latest online threats when connecting to the Web. Norton Internet Security 2007 is always running in the background to detect and block spyware, viruses, worms, fraudulent phishing Web sites, and hackers before they can cause harm. Now you can browse online, download software, or exchange files via email or instant messaging (IM) knowing you're protected from viruses and spyware. You can even set automatic scans to find and remove hidden threats buried deep in your system.
Advanced phishing protection identifies and blocks fraudulent Web sites so you don't accidentally provide any personal information when shopping or banking online.
Norton Internet Security provides a robust two-way firewall that blocks hackers from breaking into your computer and stops spyware and hackers from stealing sensitive information from your computer.
Automatically shield newly discovered security holes in the Windows operating system or other popular programs to prevent viruses, worms, and hackers from entering through these vulnerabilities.
Now you can maximize your protection anywhere you connect to the Internet. Log on at home, at a café, or on the road and Norton Internet Security automatically optimizes your security settings, keeping you connected and protected.
In addition to protection updates, Norton Internet Security provides new product features as available throughout your service subscription.See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
1. The anti spam feature in NIS 2006 is not included in NIS 2007 so if you want to keep this feature, you should get an upgrade of the anti-virus component & not buy this. It does however pick up tracking cookies when a full scan is run & there is phishing detection capability (IE 7 also includes this capability) - no idea about the relative merits.
2. I've only installed it on one of my PCs so far. This had 18 days of unexpired subscription for NIS 2006 on it. I've currently lost these but am pursuing the helpdesk to get these reinstated. To avoid this problem, I suggest waiting until your old copy has expired. NIS 2006 which I had on three PCs did lose its unexpired life on about five or six occasions across the PCs which took a bit of effort to recover. I hope that NIS 2007 does not suffer the same problem.
3. It appears on a few days use to have less of a negative impact on the speed of the PC - NIS 2005 & 6 were recognised to be a bit PC resources hungry
So why get Norton? Well if you want a nice looking piece of software that looks "sexy" and helps to slow your PC but does not actually DO effectively what it is supposed to do, then please buy NIS 2007. If on the other hand, you want a good, relaible, non-intrusive Internet security programe get BitDefender, or other such system.
After more than 5 years with Norton, I have lost faith with them, and will never get a piece of bloatware from them.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I upgrade my NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2007 to 2008 following their on-line recomendation.
After that, my computer CRASHED. Read more
I bought Norton systemworks 2007 as an upgrade from NS2003 which was brilliant. I really wish I had kept it and just renewed the anivirus subscription. Read morePublished on 1 Aug. 2007 by C. Chilvers
I installed Norton Internet Security about two weeks ago and I have been really satisfied with it so far. Read morePublished on 12 July 2007 by Lucas R. Brookes
I had 2006 version, with lovely individual parental control, BUT THIS HASN'T GOT IT. Had I read the last comment I simply wouldn't have brought it. Read morePublished on 20 Jun. 2007 by Detergent
You know you're onto a loser when you (belatedly) discover that there are more (bad) review articles about this product than technical support solutions on the company's own... Read morePublished on 6 Jun. 2007 by Mr. J. Wilkins
Only given it 1 star as I wasn't allowed to leave it blank. Cannot really say much as I'm still so furious! Purchased NIS 2007 for download just the other day. Read morePublished on 27 May 2007 by Cake
I've had Norton Antivirus 2006 for the whole of last year and it worked perfectly. I got an email from Symantec offering a discount on renewing it. Read morePublished on 16 April 2007 by Joe
I am disappointed with Norton.
Briefly, I have found it difficult to see whether I could purchase this product (Norton kept offering me a 2 year updgrade). Read more
I've been a Norton user for nearly 6 years with the 2001 Antivirus and 2004 Internet Security versions - both times the software supplied with a new PC. Read morePublished on 8 Mar. 2007 by J. Edmonds