Format: PaperbackChange

on 16 January 2011
My daughter chose this book purely because of the illustration on the front cover - she loves pink iced doughnuts with sprinkles on - so do I! I have to say though, it is an enjoyable read and we enjoyed looking at the illustrations together. The story is well told through it's pictures alone, as my daughter had worked out what the story was about before I had a chance to read it to her. My only Criticism is that it came to a sudden end. But, that is an adults opinion. If I were to ask my 4 year old daughter her thoughts, she would say it's funny and lovely! I would say suitable for children from about 2 and 1/2 onwards and if you are after a quick bed time read, it's not too long either!
on 30 October 2011
My 5yo son asked for this after it was read to the class in reception class. He loves it and it comes out time and time again. We laugh all the way through, and my son can now read it to me. And the 'twist' at the end delights every time!
A lovely book, every child should have a copy of this!
My 4 year old daughter told me about this book as her friend had bought it into nursery and everyone had loved hearing about it. I didnt know the title just slightly what it was about but I had no trouble finding it. It was well worth it - its a great story which is fun and exciting and my 2 girls of 4 and 3 love it. Would highly recommend.
on 7 February 2014
My two young grandchildren loved this book. When the slug flies off with a pair of pants from a washing line the youngest just kept yelling with glee - it's pants" the older one (5) most seriously said "he stole someone's pants" intrigued? Buy a copy.
on 1 February 2013
Recently, one of my best friends turned sixteen; and I wanted to get him something unusual that he would appreciate.

When I spotted this, it looked absolutely perfect for him. It fits his childish nature and his reading level (JOKING! He's actually doing Higher English) and is very humorous.

Regarding the actual story, it is a scintillating tale of a lonesome slug (Norman) who tries desperately to fit in with all the other snails, who all have a variety of colourful shells. You follow Norman's harrowing journey; you laugh and weep along with Norman, and stay captivated until the very end.

The book has a good size print and the pictures are detailed and colourful.

I would THOUROUGHLY recommend this book to anyone; from pre-school age to a perhaps slightly OLDER audience.
on 22 February 2011
Recently purchased NORMAN THE SLUG WITH THE SILLY SHELL for our grandchildren.
They loved Norman and so did we.
Beautifully illustrated and colourful.
Thoroughly recommended.
A must have book.
on 7 August 2011
Very nice onomatopoeic words and bright bold colours for a bedtime book! I would highly recommend, will have both parent and child in fits of laughter by the end!
on 29 July 2013
This book was bought into school for me to read to the class-they were delighted!!!Lots of colourful pages and in the end we were able to do a display and lots of activities from it.We even made the silly shell by cooking donuts,iceing them and added sprinkles.The children(4 and 5yr olds) loved this book and wanted it read over and over again.
on 19 March 2014
My 4 year old son absolutely loves this book! It was his reward for filling up his sticker chart and in his words 'its the best book ever'. He loves the story and especially the pictures. He already had Barry the fish with fingers and keith the cat with the magic hat by the same author, which also enjoys but Norman the most.
on 6 October 2011
i brought this book for my 4year old sister as a suprise!! she loves it! she laughs everytime she reads it! and finds it even more funny as her dad is called Norman too! definitley reccommend to people! had it delivered within 4days aswell!