Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 May 2008 03:20:19 BDT
At the time of posting this i dont have GTA4, however many people seem to be saying you are unable to fly the planes which has been a big part of the more resent GTA releases. I think the reason for this is simple.....San Andreas was released in 2004, and after september 11th 2001, the GTA gameing world was put under a lot of stress and had to be cearful about what would be posible in the games, however it was still posible to fly planes in GTA SA, but when GTA4 started to be put together it was decided that the city in which it took place would resemble New York and even features the stature of libety along with the empire state building, i think it would have been of very poor tast to make it posible to fly the planes into thease land marks which i know some people would have been tempted to do. What do you think?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2008 09:34:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 May 2008 09:35:05 BDT
M. Bestwick says:
Actually no rockstar did write a statement for this saying the reason they never used planes was because you dont fly planes around like you do in san andreas around in new york, where helicopters are way of like in real new york. thats the reason why planes never got used because it would be stupid to do this, plus i dont know if anyone knew this but the original plans for liberty city was going to be liberty state and be like san andreas and have planes but they thought this was way too san an so they scrapped the idea.

Hope that explains it ok.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  1 May 2008
Latest post:  1 May 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) by Rockstar (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (290)