Customer Discussions > NBA 2K14 (PS3) forum

No PS4 upgrade code?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Nov 2013 12:56:50 GMT
Luke Roberts says:
Bought the game yesterday, inside is meant to be a code to use which enables you to get the PS4 version for a discounted price. Has anyone else who bought the game from Amazon get the code included?

Posted on 27 Nov 2013 23:32:54 GMT
Haven't opened but this was my only reason for purchasing the ps3 version. I think Amazon have stock which doesn't include the voucher code! I seen this game in HMV earlier and it had a sticker on the front confirming the presence of the voucher.

Posted on 28 Nov 2013 13:09:58 GMT
Yeah bought for same reason to get code to upgrade and nothing ,looks like this is 2nd batch of stock to which nothing was said must buy when first comes out or don't get code very disappointed .

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2013 13:30:00 GMT
Luke Roberts says:
Yep, 2K and Sony have been sneaky and it seems only 1st run copies of the game had the code inside. Amazon were clueless about the whole thing, just suggesting to return the item for a full refund.

Posted on 28 Nov 2013 17:21:17 GMT
Crazypearce says:
really? I will cancel my order then. I got it through the lightning deal for the only purpose of upgrading. anyone know if I can return it to amazon with an opened wrapping? might take it anyway and see if I get lucky.

Posted on 1 Dec 2013 14:13:31 GMT
Kasib Khan says:
Same issue no code was included for me.

Posted on 2 Dec 2013 21:58:54 GMT
N. Porter says:
No code here. I thought it was an ongoing sony offer not just limited copies. I have emailed sony and 2k, don't expect a response though.

Posted on 10 Dec 2013 13:04:33 GMT
Sirius Pain says:
I've just received my own copy without the voucher, what have people done to get around this? i.e. can you return it for a full refund?

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2013 13:13:51 GMT
N. Porter says:
i had no luck

i tried Amazon who referred me to 2K. 2K were no help and told me to return item to Amazon. Amazon wouldn't accept it as it was opened and the code wasn't included in the item discription. i also tried Sony (twice) but they sent me to 2K.

In the end i traded in the game to amazon for the price i paid and paid the extra for the PS4 version.

Posted on 12 Dec 2013 16:57:42 GMT
Luke Roberts says:
I too have hit a brick wall. First i contacted someone at Sony, they insisted it was a problem with Amazon, so i got in touch with Amazon and they blamed Sony. Great!

So i contacted 2K EU Support and they actually had no idea what i was talking about. i had to tell THEM about the upgrade scheme. They kept telling me the upgrade code was only part of the "fan super pack". When i told them, that version is only available in the U.S, i kinda gave up at that point. i was telling the publisher things about their own game!

As neither Amazon, Sony or 2K know what is going on, i can only assume that the upgrade code is/was a first edition thing....just no one told anyone about it. Infact, Sony are still advertising this game as an upgradeable game on their PS4 pages.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  NBA 2K14 (PS3) forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  27 Nov 2013
Latest post:  12 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
NBA 2K14 (PS3)
NBA 2K14 (PS3) by Take 2 (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (65)