Travis Touchdown returns in the Wii's most subversive and adult-themed action game. No longer the world's top assassin, Travis is out for revenge in a sequel that both pays homage to and mocks video games, anime and pop culture in general.
Travis is back and this time he's out for bloody revenge
| Power up Travis' "ecstasy gauge" for some super attacks |
| No More Heroes 2 has some of the strangest bosses ever |
| Wielding two beam katana is just one of Travis' new tricks |
At the heart of the game is the best lightsabre simulator never made, with some of the best motion controls on the Wii. This time there are many different "beam katana" to choose from, as you take on dozens of cannon fodder goons at a time and a procession of (literally) insane bosses.
The sequel also smoothes out some of the complaints from the original with no more open world city to get lost in and much better mini-games, now based on classic '80s style video games. You can also play as characters other than Travis for the first time, as the game's plot gets simultaneously darker and more outrageous. Key Features
About the Developer: Grasshopper Manufacture
- Heroic Action: Deconstructionist classic and kick-ass action game combine, as your campaign of revenge takes you through the ranks of the United Assassins Association.
- Assassin Wars: Switch between four different "beam katana" types instantly, from the heavy but powerful Peony to the dual-wielded duo of the Rose Nasty.
- Boss Fight: Take on some of the weirdest bosses in gaming history - from giant robot cheerleaders to a crazed Russian cosmonaut.
- 8-bit Action: All-new mini-games parody 2D games of old as you earn money delivering pizza in an old school racer or train at the gym in a homage to button basher Track & Field.
- Two More Heroes: Play as new characters Shinobu and Henry, each with their own very different abilities and weapons.
Founded by cult developer Goichi Suda (aka Suda51) this studio has been responsible for some of the oddest games of recent years, including killer7 and No More Heroes. A fan of punk rock and Franz Kafka, Suda51's next game is a collaboration with Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami for EA.
Soaked in slick graphic novel-style visuals, No More Heroes 2 is clever, mature and further validates the series’ reputation as one of the most original and unique games on the Wii. The story follows Travis Touchdown who now finds himself the 51st ranked assassin - placed at the bottom of the UAA (United Assassins Association) table. He has to fight his way back to the top, while seeking revenge for the murder of his best friend.
- Fight your way back up to the number one rank against 50 of the most original, deadly and downright crazy assassins you will ever see.
- Hack and slash your way through enemy ranks with six types of beam katana.
- Jump directly into the action thanks to a new navigation interface. Feel the speed of riding your bike in uniquely designed missions.
- Expect deadlier opponents, improved AI and more over-the-top combat.
- Unleash your inner power thanks to five special Dark Force moves, including the outrageous Tiger metamorphosis.
- Master up to 13 devastating wrestling moves to defeat your opponents in close combat.