Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

I am a bit of a celebrity autobiography fiend and wishing to read, for want of a better word, the 'inside story' on various aspects of their starry lives, I thought I'd give Miss Holden's a whirl. The first thing I noticed is how that the narrative seemed as though it was ghostwritten via the medium of a whole load of recorded interviews with Miss H - I could be wrong of course, but I felt the style to be of a journalist pretending to be her. Anyway, that said, the whole thing was entertaining and most of all, searingly honest and a great read. It's clear that she worked her designer shoes off to get where she is today and the fact that she made a few human errors along the way and admitted them shows true strength of character. I for one am glad that she was able to share what actually happened during her marriage to TV's Les Dennis and the media fallout as a result of her affair with Neil Morrissey still seems an unfair way to treat a woman in the media spotlight.

That said, the later chapters where Miss H writes of her family woes and struggle to have children is particularly moving. I think the stand-out anecdote of the whole book had to be the one about Les Dennis, Roy Walker and Su Pollard - buy the book just for that really!
on 29 May 2014
This was a FAB book to read. I have ALWAYS admired ANY one that shares my first name!! She is an Aquarian (16th Feb) so she IS going to be 'Quirky' .Aquarians ARE!! She is a 'gobby' (in a NICE way) and she will admit that in her book. It charts her life and a great desire to be a successful Actress and of course she achieves that but goes on to be a great household name ( she is now known as 'That Girl on the Telly) through her being a Judge on ' and Britain's Got Talent' and good at it she IS!!
She is pretty a nice figure and likeable as ALL Aquarian's are and talented. She was once married to Les Dennis but has now found happiness with her second Spouse Chris Hughes and has 2 lovely girls Lexi and Hollie but like all Gifted peeps she has had to endure a lot of crap to get there. She is 43 (born in 71 but looks 33 ( i know,but its not a bitchy comment from me as woman!) I loved this book as I read a lot of it on holiday. A pleasure read a delightful woman...Funny warm and yes I WOULD like to meet her, She seems to have found peace in her life and not many well-known peeps can acieve THAT. Well done Mrs Hughes. we love you for your vunerability!! she's human after all!! RECOMMEND Great Read xx
on 8 November 2013
Not usually a fan of autobiographies, but this book was just the right balance of humour/interesting stories and also an emotional rollercoaster in it's own right. Have passed it on to my sister and mum and they both read it in a day too - great page turner.
on 5 December 2013
it really did not tell me much that I did not know. I was not enthralled. However Amanda is a very plucky lady and I am sure it will help anyone who finds themselves going through the trails and tribulations that Amanda has.
on 8 November 2013
I love autobiography's and had no idea what to expect of this one. If you thought you knew Amanda Holden from reading the papers.... think again!! It brought back childhood memories of growing up in the 80's. & you finally read her story about her first marriage, which was far from what I expected!!! Having read what she and her husband have been through in their marriage I can not believe she has come out the other end. Really well written, funny VERY sad - an excellent read!
on 19 April 2014
Great book to read. Speed delivery, I am very impressed with the service and quality of the product. Would recommend to anyone who wants a good book to read!
on 3 July 2015
I choose this book because I like Amanda Holden, I think she is a brilliant actress and I love her as a judge on Britain's Got Talent. She seems so honest, emotional and down to earth that I thought I would enjoy her book. Well I was not disappointed.
Her struggles through her first marriage to Les Dennis, the break up and the cause of it to the painful and very sad experiences she had looking her son, who was still born, to nearly dying herself after she gave birth to her second daughter. She was very open and honest to her feelings about it all and I really felt for her. Amanda is a very lovely lady and I felt privileged to have been able to share her joys and sadness of her life. Thank you, I loved this book. People who have lost a child themselves would like to read this book, as it would help them to get over their loss too.
on 20 September 2014
Read only 63 percent as it is not interesting. Amanda has no real depth. Never found her talent but not into pantomime and musicals? I remember her self-promoting each week on that music karaoke chaired by suggs - why has she missed that out?
on 7 November 2013
Could not put this book down!! An emotional read but very well written. Loved it and would read it again in the future
on 3 April 2014
Constant name dropping, grew very tiresome on hearing how amazing she is and who she's had lunch with. Very disapointed