Size: Stainless|Colour Name: Stainless|Change

on 30 November 2015
Far left is the Nite Ize Micro Lock for a size proportion see photo. This carabiner replaces the Nite Ize S-Biner Size 2 carabiner 2nd from right. My issue with the normal Nite Ize S-Biner was the gate/latch would open from time to time and my keys would come lose. The Nite Ize Micro Lock addresses that failure very cleverly and simply by way of a simple plastic lock which you twist to secure the two latches. Works for what I need it for
review image review image
on 23 February 2014
Perfect size to replace those traditional circular key ring loops but making it easy to quickly remove keys with the twist of a lever.

I have a utility keyring with a range of different tools; mini Swiss Army knife, laser pointer, fire peanut, money stash, nail clippers.... Using these little carabiners makes it easy to isolate the tool I need from the rest of the bunch,

Although the locking levers are plastic, they're small and sturdy enough not to break off with ease. That was my main concern with these but I'm satisfied with them. Just don't forget to lock them once you've done!

UPDATE: December 2014: These remain excellent additions to my keyring. On one, I have my mini Swiss Army knife- the quick release mechanism of the carabiner remains as sturdy as when it was new, despite my removing my penknife daily. They lock with satisfaction and I don't doubt they'll last at least another year, probably longer.
on 13 May 2015
Smaller than you think. I know you think it's small, you're looking at it because it's small, but it's smaller than that. Superbly engineered and reassuringly well made, even the securing plastic lock feels great, so you certainly don't sacrifice quality to get the size down.

You'll comfortably fit a car key or a couple of split rings on either side, but any more and if becomes tricky to open, so consider this a keyring rather than anything else.
on 26 April 2014
Yes I would recommend this product. Small and convenient. I use mine to keep keys safe and secure in my rucksack by attaching S-Biner to loop inside bag. Lock works really well.
They are small .... no really, they are tiny. I have fairly short fingers and these are HALF the size of my PINKIE!. They are slightly ... ever so slightly longer than HALF the WIDTH of a CREDIT CARD. Ok so I think I made my point about the size. Do they work? Yes. Do they lock .... YES. Do I think they'll last more than 5 minutes .... MAYBE. The locking plastic nuts feel like they're going to break but that might just be me. The wire clip part is about the same diameter as a paper clip and feel about as strong. I had an idea in my head about what I wanted .... and this wasn't it.
Thanks for reading and voting !
on 29 February 2016
Great little locking clip, at least that is what I use it for.

This sits on my backpacks paracord drawstrings which I loop into it when travelling on public transport, just that little extra bit of reassurance that my backpack will not get tampered with by would be thieves when on the underground.
on 27 April 2015
VERY VERY SMALL!! Please bear this in mind when ordering...If you have big hands/fingers forget it!! They are TINY!! Next time i will make sure i order the bigger/larger ones...
on 18 September 2015
Surprisingly better than I expected.
I was worried that the metal wire bit would be poor and easily come out of the location holes. The wire is suitably strong and the ends where it locates into the S-Biner are mushroomed out to ensure they can't fall out (I've had cheap karbinas with wire fall out).
The plastic lock does not look the strongest but it seems to work well, bearing in mind that it is just turning in a hole and does not really have much force imposed on it other than directly across it from the wire on both sides at the same time when opening and closing it.
on 3 June 2015
When you need to detach things from keyring it can be a complete pain. I'm sure many a good nail have been broken trying to prize apart a keyring and then you have to resort to finding a knife or something else to remove your key. These are tiny little locks which can attach your car/house keys to a key ring. The locking mechanism really works so you don't have to worry about them falling off and getting lost. Turn up at the car wash, unclip your car key nice and easy, no broken nails or cursing. They are not much bigger than a thumbnail so they don't bulk up your keyring.
on 6 January 2016
Nite Ize S-Biner Micro Lock - Stainless

Great keyring holder with a firm and secure locking catch - been using 2 of these for a bunch of work/home keys.
If sets of keys are housed together on one ring these micro locks make it a doddle to remove/attach a group of keys within seconds.
Ideal for me as it allows me to remove sets of home keys for night out and leave the rest. Hardly any additional weight/size added to your keys.
Stainless Steel construction / Strong with a firm catch to lock the keys rings in. Recommended