The active-play phenomenon started by Wii Sports
now spreads to your whole body thanks to Wii Fit
and the pressure-sensitive Wii Balance Board, which comes bundled with it. Used together players will experience an extensive array of fun, dynamic and surprisingly challenging activities, including aerobics, yoga, muscle stretches and balance oriented games. The focus of these activities is towards providing a "core" workout, a popular exercise method that emphasizes slower, controlled motions, but it's the fun approach to fitness of Wii Fit
that will keep players hooked on fitness for years to come.
The Wii Fit Balance Board
Have fun while you get fit
The primary tenet of Wii Fit
is balance. Your centre of balance, the point between your left and right sides when you stand upright, has a lot to do with your health. Those without an even centre of balance will be unnaturally compensating for this imbalance, which causes their posture to become misaligned, increasing the possibility of putting unnecessary strain on their bodies. This is where the Wii Balance Board comes in.
Similar in appearance to a step aerobics board, the Wii Balance Board is much, much more. Easily capable of supporting weights up to a maximum of 300 pounds, it is sturdy and precise, able to measure weight and register pressure accurately when placed on a variety of flat surfaces. This advanced level of sensitivity allows for both the wide range of activities found in the Wii Fit
software as well as the board's amazing ability recognize individual players by their weight alone.Getting Started: Create a Profile
Before you jump into doing exercises and activities, youll start by creating a profile. This is done easily and intuitively by simply choosing a Mii, entering your height and age information, and doing a few quick tests that will serve as a baseline for your new Wii fitness regimen. These tests are:
Four Categories of Fun
- BMI Check: BMI, or Body Mass Index, is a measure of body fat based on height and weight that is the standard used by agencies such as the World Health Organization and the National Institute of Health. To check your BMI, youll enter your height then stand on the Wii Balance Board and let it read your weight.
- Wii Fit Age: After youve checked your BMI, youll do a basic balance test and find out your current Wii Fit Age. This basic balance test measures how well you can control your left and right balance. Based on the results, youll be assigned a Wii Fit Age.
Once you have created your profile it's time to have some fun. Wii Fit
features four main categories of exercises to choose from: Strength Training, Aerobics, Yoga and Balance Games. Wii Fit
will guide you through the first three with the help of your own virtual personal trainer, while the balance games offer variety and fun to help keep you engaged and excited about your fitness goals. In addition, as you spend time exercising, youll earn Fit
Credits that unlock additional exercises and activities within your favourite categories that will allow you to continue to push yourself. See more detail on the four categories below:
Keep Track of Your Progress
- Strength Training: Put your strength to the test with muscle-toning exercises like Single Leg Extension, Sideways Leg Lift, Arm and Leg Lift, Single-Arm Stand, Torso Twists, Rowing Squat, Single Leg Twist, Lunge, Push-Up and Side Plank, Jackknife, Plank and Triceps Extension. Challenges include Push-Up Challenge, Plank Challenge and Jackknife Challenge.
- Aerobics: Get your heart pumping with fun, interactive Aerobic exercises like Hula Hoop, Basic Step, Basic Run, Super Hula Hoop, Advanced Step, 2-P Run, Rhythm Boxing, Free Step and Free Run.
- Yoga: Work on your balance and flexibility with Yoga poses and activities like Deep Breathing, Half-Moon, Dance, Cobra, Bridge, Spinal Twist, Shoulder Stand, Warrior, Tree, Sun Salutation, Standing Knee, Palm Tree, Chair, Triangle and Downward-Facing Dog.
- Balance Games: Get into the action with fun, balanced-based games like Soccer Heading, Ski Slalom, Ski Jump, Table Tilt, Tightrope Walk, Balance Bubble, Penguin Slide, Snowboard Slalom and Lotus Focus.
Because keeping fit is an ongoing process, Wii Fit
also tracks the activities you do the most and puts them into your Favourites category. With this information players can note exercises and activities that they are strong in, as well as others that may need to improve at. Some of the ways players can use this information for are to:
- Keep tabs on your daily progress with easy-to-understand graphs and charts. Using your personal profile, you can set goals, view a graph of your BMI results over time, see how many Fit Credits youve earned, check your Wii Fit Age and even enter exercise time youve done outside of Wii Fit. Its all about coming back and exercising a little every day, and the personal profile makes tracking your daily progress simple and easy.
- Quickly check your Wii Fit Age and BMI without even putting the game in the console by going directly to the Wii Fit Channel.
- Allow up to eight family members can create their own profiles in Wii Fit. On the profile-selection screen, everyone in the family can see each others recent BMI progress and Fit Credit total. This will allow families to have a friendly competition to exercise and get fit.
Variety, fun and progress tracking; Wii Fit
has it all. So, Wii owners if you ready to reclaim your balance and get fit all you need is Wii Fit
, a few minutes a day to play and the urge to have fun. Get on board today.
Wii Fit is designed to be enjoyed by the whole family. In Japan it has been encouraging family members as a whole to discuss the topic of fitness and take an active interest in understanding their own fitness in a fun and entertaining way, all in the comfort of their own home.
Wii Fit comes bundled with the Wii Balance Board, an accessory developed exclusively for the Wii console that will have a far-reaching impact for all who use it. Its innovative, exciting and most of all fun and simple for all to use. It is a pressure sensitive, wireless balance board that goes on the floor so someone can stand on it in front of the TV. It senses weight and shift in balance in any direction and therefore by standing on the Wii Balance Board during activities allows players to follow along to movements ensuring they have full control of the on-screen activities. This allows personal improvement goals to be set to effectively help you and your family to train and stay fit.
Increasing your awareness of the importance that fitness has on everyday life and keeping yourself and family motivated should be easier with Wii Fit. The programme allows up to 8 people to track progress and monitor performance. Once you insert the Wii Fit Disc into a Wii console, a new channel - Wii Fit Channel can be added to your Wii Menu system. Once the Wii Fit Channel is added it enables users to not have to insert the Wii Fit Disc into a Wii console in order for the Wii Balance Board to scale your weight to calculate your BMI, measure the center of your bodily balance and conduct a balance test in order to calculate your Wii Fit Age. It also allows you to monitor how long you did which category of exercise for in one day, all in the comfort of your own home and without the need to keep inserting the Wii Fit Disk into your Wii console each time.
There are 4 training categories including Aerobic Exercises, Muscle Workouts, Yoga and Balance Games that will help you and your family to develop bodily balance control ability, burn fat in the body, help tone and condition muscles, as well as help increase aerobic stamina. Discover over 40 different activities within these training categories such as Hula Hoop, Ski Jump, Press-up Challenge, Rhythm Boxing, Rowing Squat, Lunge and classic Yoga poses such as Half Moon, Tree and Crocodile Twist. With all this on offer and much more, Wii Fit along with the Wii Balance Board introduces an accessible and intuitive programme for all the family to enjoy.
Through Wii Fits training programme, helpful tutorials and encouragements from your on-screen fitness trainer, who will change his or her verbal instructions depending on how you actually perform, and the included Wii Fit Channel, you will continue to have endless fun whilst having the satisfaction of knowing you are aiding yourself, and your family, on towards a path of a healthier lifestyle.
Designed to help you become more aware of your physical condition, Wii Fit invites you to have fun and get healthy in the process. With exercises that focus on helping you to improve balance and posture, change your Body Mass Index or simply relax, Wii Fit uses the latest technology to assist you in leading a healthier lifestyle. The first step is putting your feet on the state-of-the-art Wii Balance Board in order to get an overview of your present fitness level. By measuring your BMI (Body Mass Index), analysing your centre of gravity and calculating your athletic ability via a couple of simple tests, the software determines your Wii Fit Age - a measure unique to the game which could range from 2 to 99. Wii Fit features more than 40 different exercises across four areas of training. Burn calories with the Aerobic Exercises, work on your balance and posture with the Balance Games, bulk up with the Muscle Workouts or learn to stretch and relax with the Yoga poses. Featuring everything from Step Basics to Snowboarding, Rhythm Boxing to Jogging, Wii Fit offers a vast range of entertaining activities that will keep you interested in working out and encourage the rest of the family to give it a try. To help you keep track of your progress, Wii Fit includes a special Wii Fit Channel that allows up to eight people to store and compare their personal fitness profiles, and also takes account of any exercise done away from the Wii Balance Board - ensuring you have an accurate overview of your fitness. And when you do make progress, you won't only be able to see it represented by a graph, but by the changing waistline of your chosen Mii character. Take the first step on the road to a healthier lifestyle with Wii Fit!