on 26 November 2012
bought this as part of a package of products for my daughter. Other reviewers have said its too big for the ds but i think there being picky. its well made looks good and yes its not cheap but the ds isnt either so i think its worth the money. room inside for a game or 2 and if youve bought the console i think this protects it very well.
on 15 May 2013
I have my 3DSXL with clear protective armour on, and it still fits inside this case with no problem. There is room for a spare stylus and three carts, as well as a cleaning cloth or two. Between the cart slots and the space for the console is a big flap made of a sturdy material that stops the top of the console getting scratched.

This was the third case I had bought which I was (finally) happy with. The first was a part of a pack that the elastic that held it in place finally loosened, and the second would not hold my 3DSXL with the protective armour on (my console is white, and anything white with me does not stay white for long).
on 18 January 2013
Delivery was fast and packaging was protective and minimal. Very pleased.

The item itself does its job by protecting the 3DS XL with a felt lined interior and a hard plastic/rubber-like exterior. There are 3 game slots and a stylus holder on the inside with a felt flap to prevent the DS from being scratched. However, more stylus, games, screen protectors and cloths can be stored behind the game slots. (there is space for an extra 4 games)

The one and only downside of this case, and the reason i gave it 4 stars and not 5, is that the 3DSXL does not fit snuggly into the case. The diameter is slightly to wide, by about 1cm, and the DS moves around inside the case. And although this may not cause great damage to the 3DSXL, the noise can be frustrating when your traveling.

(they had the same problem with the 3DS case back when it first came out, the case made for the 3DS was slightly too large and the 3DS moved around inside it.)

I'd recommend anyone to buy this case if your looking for protection. But if you also want a snug fit for your XL, buy the ordinary 3DS case. :)
on 14 March 2013
My 3DS XL, with a hard case on, fits perfectly into this pouch. (i also bought "Assecure Crystal Hard Case Cover Shell for Nintendo 3DS XL" here on Amazon). I love the three small see-through pockets for 3ds/ds games, and also the fact that there is room for quite a few more games in the back. When I'm selective and only bring three games, this pouch's even got room for a charger. Delivery was a couple of days over estimated time, but in my case, it was totally worth waiting for.
on 16 February 2013
For some reason there aren't that many hard cases for the 3DS XL out there.

I trust Hori and their products never disappoint me so when it came time to buy a case for my new 3DS XL, I knew as soon as I saw the name Hori I had to buy this case.

It works great, too! There is a small pocket behind the area where games are stored (there is room for 3 games). There is also a little stylus pocket underneath where the games are held.
on 17 March 2013
Very nice hard pouch and built with great material. The only downside is that it's a little bigger than 3ds xl and it keeps moving within the case, but apart from that it's very good. I highly recommend the purchase.
on 23 February 2013
The pouch is quite big but has very good padding and will protect your 3DS well.

It also has space for 3 cartridges and even a stylus holder so you can carry a spare around which is a bonus.

Feels like a good, well made product.

I gave it 4 stars as it is quite big and difficult to carry in a jacket pocket that would normally fit the 3DS.
on 11 August 2013
This hard pouch is well designed and of high quality. It both looks and feels well-made. The little pockets for game cards are super practical, and it's easy to get the cards in and out of them. I also love the little pocket for my AR cards. The console fits perfectly; it's not stuffed into it, and neither does it wobble around in there. A perfect fit.

Visually, it's smooth and attractive, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it withstands lint. Even my curious cat couldn't manage to hair up this thing. After a few weeks of use among dusty books and eraser and graphite dust, it's as sleek and pristinely black as ever.

I can't find a single fault. It does what it's supposed to and does it very well, while feeling and looking good.
on 20 September 2012
This case has plenty of room to house the 3DS XL in and keep it safe while you're out Street Passing. It's a good solid case, very sturdy, and looks smart in its black colour. Well worth investing in to keep your XL protected. And it has the 3DS XL logo on the front so you won't mix it up with all the other handheld consoles in their cases you have on your shelf!
on 25 February 2013
Lovely looking case, great inside slots etc. The only down side is that the case is about 1cm too big on the sides so the 3DS XL moves around slightly (which is why I put 4 stars instead of 5) but it's hardly an issue tbh. Happy with the purchase even if it was slightly expensive!