Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£7.47

on 27 August 2013
You know its a proper fighting book when there is a page dedicated to biting, and a full size picture of the Ninja's teeth (as if we didnt know what they look like).
on 4 April 2009
This book covers the core techniques in Bujinkan budo taijutsu and does so very well. The kihon happo (8 foundation techniques), basic kamae/postures, sanshin no kata and 16 striking 'treasures' are all covered as well as a good deal more. The author, Simon Yeo is a 10th dan black belt in the Bujinkan so you can take what he says as authentic and correct. This is important as a lot of people who claim to know ninjutsu have learnt it from dubious sources.

I use the book primarily as a technical reference as it covers technical 'best practice' very thoroughly and clearly. If you're a ninjutsu beginner or intermediate student then I would say this book is pretty much a 'must have'.
11 comment6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 November 2007
When I purchased this book on line I thought that it would be a good read and help me to defend myself in London town, however I was pleasantly surprised to find that it not only enlightened me in the art of Ninja and self defence techniques (something every girl in a big bad city needs!!) but also made me become a far more positive and self aware person, realising that to be truly happy in a relationship, work or friendship... you first have to be happy with yourself

This is not only a book about the art of ninja... it s far more than that... it s a journey to self discovery, self control and above all discipline

I highly recommend this book, and the classes in south london that the writer teaches

All in all

ENLIGHTNING..EDUCATING..GREAT!!
on 4 September 2007
This is a truly excellent book. I have trained under Simon's instruction for 10 years and he is an excellent teacher. No book can do justice to one-on-one instruction from a ninjutsu master but this comes as close as you can get. All I can say is - buy it, read it and train with an expert to build the knowledge into your life.

A great textbook - Congratulations Sensei
on 2 September 2007
I just bought this book and think it is absolutely fascinating. The first part of the book is very esoteric and gives lessons that are valuable for everyones life. The second half is probably the best book on ninjutsu technique I have seen. The last part gives loads of advice on training as well as stealth and pressure points. It will be of interest to all Martial Artists
on 29 November 2010
I find this book a bit of a paradox. It is titled Ninjutsu: The Secret Art of the Ninja. I have read this book and I now know all the secrets of Ninjutsu (along with all the others who read this book). All the people who had bought this book now knew the secrets and therefore it was no longer a secret and the book was no longer accurately titled. In order to maintain the secret of Ninjutsu and honour the ninja code I had to use my superior ninja skills (which I learnt from the book) and track down other owners of the book. There were 58 in total which I had to eliminate with my new stealthy methods. There were also 7 fellow buyers of the sacred book who had studied the book well and put up a good fight. There was also one book owner who must have had dyslexia because I had no idea what the hell he was doing. Finally my quest was complete to maintain the Secret Art of the Ninja. My accurately titled book was safe. That was until last week when I realised that 20 other people had bought the book and my quest had to begin again to make sure that the book maintained its honour. However I then thought it would be a lot easier to cross out the word SECRET and just have the book as Ninjutsu: The Art of the Ninja. This way I could stay in and watch my Walker Texas Ranger DVD Box set
11 comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 October 2008
This book is an excellent choice if you want to have the information necessary to understand the essential and fundamental building blocks of Taijutsu, the unarmed aspect of Ninjutsu; all weapon techniques are based upon the same body movements so it is essential to master these first.

The book is loaded with colour photos and there is a photo montage for all the techniques described. As well as some historical and philosophical teachings, this book shows you the major postures and break-fall rolls and also the San Shin No Kata and the Kihon Happo, both of which are the foundations upon which all other ninjutsu techniques are based.

Perfect for those wishing to gain a practical understanding of Ninjutsu without all the mystical aspects getting in the way and will also make a great companion to anyone already training in Bujinkan Ninjutsu, as it serves as a reminder of all the important techniques.

The author Simon Yeo is a 10th Dan black belt in Ninjutsu and has trained many times in Japan directly with Masaki Hatsumi, the 34th grandmaster of the Bujinkan school of Ninjutsu.
on 1 December 2014
Great book, I would recommend in buying it.
on 19 January 2015
I have studied Ninjutsu for many years and have just returned due to the interest of my children. I purchased a copy of this book for them and found it absolutely essential reading. Not only are all the basics there but also a great insight in to what this wonderful art is all about. Excellent reading for young and old that wish to study Ninjutsu. Cannot recommend enough. Thanks Simon Yeo Sensei.

Ian, Brighton
on 17 January 2009
What an amazing book! Great descriptive and fascinating text is coupled with wonderful large, detailed colour photos showing technqiues and movements from this mesmirising art. Truly a steal for the price. This should be on the nightstand or in the book case of every Ninjutsu practioner or any martial artist who has wondered what makes this mysterious and interesting discipline appear so alluring. AWESOME!