on 12 November 2011
I have used this product for years and was happy to find large sizes which make it even better value for money,
Recently I looked after my sons dog for a week.I work my waterproof jacket every day. It has been regularly washed in nikwax. I was dry every day when I came home,apart from the Tuesday,when we were out for an hour and the rain went from rain to downpour very fast. The heavy rain initially ran off my waterpfoof layer [due to the waterproofing,it then ran onto me legs. Then into my shoes.I was drenched,the dog was too.
When we got home the water was just starting to get through at throug to the fleece. I dries the coat,it took a while,have since washed and reproofed it. Well happy.This is not a top of the range jacket,it cost about £60 3 years ago.
It is essential that you follow the instructions
checl the washing instructions in the coat and make sure that you wash at the right temperature.
You need to remove all trace of detergent from the washing powder dispenser .Before I wash the coat, I always take the dispenser out and leave it in hot water in the sink for ten minutes to soak then rinse under running water and wipe with a cloth [dont forget to check the bottom of the dispenser]. I have always been happy with the results I get,using this product
on 18 March 2011
I tried a small bottle first to clean an old comfortable walking jacket and it worked so well that I bought another 5 litres. I now use it on a regular basis to clean and re proof all my walking, ski and motorcycle gear and I can't speak highly enough about the results. I read the features section for the product and was a little cynical at first, but the proof of the pudding as they say is in the eating. No excuse now for dirty kit, the product does what it says on the plastic container.
on 25 January 2013
I am a regular walker in all weathers and conditions which can be hard on my clothes. I always wash my wet weather gear in Nikwax Techwash and reproof it when necessary with another Nikwax product. I have found them very effective in cleaning and waterproofing so decided to go for the larger size.

This order arrived in good time and was, I feel, very good value for money. I will definitely be using this company in future.
on 25 March 2014
I had a coat that was waterproof, with a hood, and had washed it in the washing machine. Unfortunately, it lost its proofing, so when it rained heavily earlier this year I got soaked. The clincher was a walk round the lake at Clumber Park. I decided to try this and the corresponding proofing treatment.

The Tech Wash is a gentle detergent that is not going to remove any proofing treatments. After a machine wash with this at a low temperature, I used the Nikwax proofing, which also goes in the washing machine, like a detergent. After checking labels, I did a low temperature tumble dry and then tested in the next storm. (Luckily, in the winter or 2013-14, storms were reliable and I didn't have to wait long.

The result was that the coat was waterproof again, and I remained dry. As I could not easily find a replacement for the coat in question, even at a large Go Outdoors, I am really pleased about the results. Yes, I know I will have to re-proof the coat in the future, but for just a few pounds per proofing I thought this was a bargain.
on 27 January 2015
Did the job of washing my raincoat which badly needed a wash, the raincoat came out much brighter than it was before. The instructions were clear and easy to follow. The bigger bottle offered me better value for money than a smaller sized bottle. Admittedly I followed this with a re-waterproofing Nikwax as my raincoat needed it, now it dries a lot quicker than before.
on 25 April 2016
I really love this product. It's made a big difference to cleaning my waterproof clothing and I use the other product periodically to re-proof too. This was a great find for me and the previous Amazon reviews really helped me make my choice. Just bung your stuff in the machine, add this as directed and you're done, perfect.
I use this to clean and protect all of my Mountain Hardwear + Columbia clothing and I can honestly say that I would not trust another brand to perform as well as Nikwax tech wash does; the results are truly astounding.
I have previously made the fatal mistake of washing a breathable technical winter jacket in a small amount of standard washing liquid, which essentially turned it in to a giant red flannel! Never again, it's tech wash all the way for me from here on out.
on 20 June 2012
I have used this product many times before to clean my biking kit before re-waterproofing and it is excellent. The only critisism is that it doesn't remove ALL of the dirt, especially on very light coloured areas. (then again some well known detergents struggle too). It does tell you to remove all traces of detergent from the soap tray of the washing machine. This is because detergent stops the TX Direct spray on from re-proofing your clothing. I do this by putting the machine on an empty hot wash. I was shocked by how many bubbles were in this empty wash, which would have got into my bike kit if I hadn't have done it. I sprayed with the proofing liquid after washing in this product and the result was a jacket and trouser combo that beaded water like a freshly waxed car. Very happy.
on 4 March 2016
For heavy stains you have to sponge with neat solution first but when followed by the "Nikwax TX Direct Wash In" it did an excellent job of cleaning and re waterproofing my ski outfit. I ran the washed outfit under the tap, the water bounced off and the fabric was dry to touch immediately after.
on 23 May 2016
It cleans well, but does not last at all and for what this product costs I am sure you can find a cheaper alternate which does very much the same. I used a whole litre in about two weeks for washing various outdoor wear and that was that.
on 5 October 2015
I live in an area with hard water and I used just 100ml for 1 item (the recommended dose is 150ml for 1-2 items) and the sweat soaked jacket is now smelling clean! This product definitely replenishes the waterproof coating on my Berghaus jacket and has aided its current life span of 4 years hard use!