Size: 1 UK|Change
Price:£14.51+ Free shipping

on 3 September 2011
Have bought the spray on version of this waterproofing spray twice now and really rate it very highly. I have seen reviews on here doing it down, but providing you read the application instructions properly and smooth on the spray and rub it into the suede or nubuck the product works a treat and leaves the shoes in exactly if not better condition than they were before application. You have to be more careful with nubuck as it is a less absorbant surface than suede and the spray did nearly temporarily ruin a pair of rockports but I sorted it (to completely get rid of the marks I would just need to clean the shoes which would remove the waterproofing) and have used it on 3 more pairs of shoes since (all suede) and have had no problems. I can't recommend this higher end of the market product highly enough and am really glad I searched the net to find something more suitable than you would find on the shelf at Timpson's.
on 22 November 2011
This product seems to work well on an old pair of leather/suede trainers. The water now beads off completely. Strangley however, it doesn't do the same on my nubuck/suede walking shoes despite giving them 2 coats. Will probably give it one more go.
on 7 October 2015
Bought for my husband as his usual supplier no longer stocks this product. Has used this on all his walking boots and also on trainers and finds it to be the best for the job
on 2 September 2010
.....this wont TOTALLY waterproof your boots. Leather will eventually wet out under constant immersion.
My suede La Sportivas have remained waterproof after using this nikwax. I havent tried them during HOURS of saturated walks yet, so thats why I`m only giving it 3 stars so far......
I also bought this stuf cos I didnt want my suede boots to dry out and crack during years of use.

La Sportiva recommends this and re-badges it as their own. Perwanger, the company which makes La sportivas suede, recommend this via email: "We also impregnate for example withNIKWAX only after several using (less is more)"

When you remove the cap from the bottle, youll find a crap sponge applicator which sits on top of the bottles mouth. It lets the fluid dribble off the boots and onto your pants.
Do yourself a favour and get some cotton wool (or any small square of absorbent fabric) and squeeze the fluid onto the cotton wool, then dab your boots with it. This method is far quicker and wastes less
33 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 January 2016
used same make on horse rugs so expect same standard for there boot proofer
on 22 November 2015
It waterproofs my boots, what more can I say
on 4 July 2015
good product! excellent seller!