Size: 0.3lt|Change

on 7 December 2012
I use gear this on my motorcycle leather trousers. Despite getting caught in many heavy showers this Summer, my legs have stayed fairly dry, which more importantly helps keep the warmth.

Being a spray however, this stuff is pretty runny and you need to apply it in small doses and work it in. It has an immediate effect to the look of the leather, but it kind of reminds me of the sprays we used to apply to the dashboard of the car, that gave the nasty plastic an even shinier plastic look.

One point of note to anybody using this stuff for the same purpose as myself, use it on the "seat" of your trousers at your peril. Under moderately hard braking you might find yourself sliding into the tank.... and you know what that means. :-)

A good product from a company that has been producing great stuff for years.
on 12 June 2011
Good product, Does what it says it does. I used on my Motorcycle leathers and gloves. It gave a good waterproof finish without a greasy, slippy residue. This helps to keep me planted on my seat.
Recommended, but a little pricey.
on 1 February 2013
Good but not perfect.

I found that the spray was not really fine enough to get an even coverage and the leather darkened considerably after use. I did not feel that it added enough 'moisture' to restore and condition in the way I had expected.

I imagine that the type and quality of the leather will make a big difference to the results and, overall, I feel that the leather stetson on which the Nikwax was used is better for having been treated with this product.
on 27 March 2015
Excellent product. I've used this on several black leather jackets and it has helped to make the leather more supple and brings back a subtle shine to it. It does help rain bead more on contact with the jackets too. I also use Renapur (another great product) but found that on two of my jackets the application of that made them squeak when the arms rubbed the sides of the jacket. An application of Nikwax Leather Restorer fixed the problem - no more squeaking!

I would recommend applying this spray outside. It is quite runny, so is a little difficult to apply accurately without overspray to the surface your jacket is resting on, and it also produces a strong chemical smell on application. This smell does disappear completely after a few days but I found it best to air the jackets for as long as possible outside before bringing them back in. I also found it best to leave the spray on for just 2 minutes (as per the instructions) before wiping the jacket with a cloth (I use a microfibre cloth); this avoids the spray drying completely and therefore makes it easier to get an even coating.

Thoroughly recommended for use on black leather jackets.
on 30 March 2011
I bought this product to help restore the a smart leather jacket I own,the leather on which was getting rather dry. The Nikwax was very easy to apply and soaked into the leather within a few minutes, it then only needed a light buffing to resore the jacket to an almost new state. I was very impressed with the product and have since used it successfully on a large leather bag, several leather belts and my golf shoes! Nikwax is very economical to use and I have still plenty left in the original 300 ml container.
I would highly recommend this product.
on 4 May 2013
I got this for a leather jacket I bought on eBay for only £10. The jacket is around 15 years old and the leather was for want of a better word "tired". After just one application of this it breathed new life into the jacket and the leather became more supple. I'll add a couple more applications and really would recommend this to anyone wanting to protect their leathers.
on 1 August 2014
I bought this product to try and waterproof my golf shoes. Would have given it 5 stars but for the white residue it leaves on 'non leather' areas, but other than that it's a very good product which I would buy again
on 8 January 2015
Very easy to apply using protective gloves and spread across leather with a cloth. Definitely improves the appearance of the leather, at least on my dark brown jacket. Impressed.
on 20 September 2012
Used this to condition my one piece leathers and gloves after getting so wet it was like I'd gone swimming. Used nikwax cleaner then this and suit came up lovely, and felt great. One minor point if you don't use stomp grips or tech grips on your tank you might find knees slide about a bit as it does leave a smooth finish.
on 27 January 2013
Bought it for my motorcycle to revive the 10 year old leather on both saddle and panniers. It just gave them a little shiny and that's all. After a few hours it was all back to the way they were. Waste of money. Would not recommend.