Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 May 2013
Decided to purchase this book after buying my first digital camera. The layout is very logical and the author drills into functionality in a logical and understandible manner. The sections that I found most use were where the author reviewed the different programmes on the camera, explaining what each programme mode did, gave photo examples examples and discussed all aspects of the photograph, e.g. lens, ISO sensitivity, aperture, etc. The analysis of night time photography was very helpful and has helped me to improve the quality of my photgraphs. The book has also enabled me to be more experimental in my approach and to be iterative in my photo taking, i.e. take a photo, review, change depth of field, take photo, etc.
on 26 March 2013
The manual that comes with the D3200 is actually very good for a manual that comes with the camera. BUT, this book takes things in a much more sensible order and shows lots of examples of how to do things and the examples are the big winner. I am working my way through the book at lunchtimes, with the camera on the desk and doing the bits as described. Good easy style. Very pleased and I can recommend this as a useful addition to the D3200 library.
on 25 February 2013
I've always found instruction booklets a bit difficult to use...especially when you have to wade through about 10 different languages to find your own. This book is easy to use, clear, concise, and, although a little big to fit easily in a pocket, is a godsend to help me get to know my new camera. I can heartily recommend it.
on 21 December 2012
An excellent book - I'm still reading it and digesting the excellent advice by this writer - I will look out for more books by this Author!
on 17 February 2013
JUST what you need .....looking for a book of this type, which there are many , i came across this one NIKON D3200 DIGITAL FIELD GUIDE by alan hess. after reading all the reviews on this one , and others i chose this one. i'm pleased i did . it's well laid out, explains things well and with photo's in COLOUR, which makes it better ? when looking at your camera etc.. most other books are in black & white only .he explains things in detail but easy enough to understand, he guides you through the workings of the camera, nothing is left out . to me a good book......JUST WHAT I NEED. also a good size to take with you in your camera bag for reference .
on 1 October 2014
A fantastic book! I'm brand new to DSLR and even though the camera came with a good instruction manual, there was still a lot of things that I didn't understand, this book has it all. It's a dedicated guide to the D3200 so everything in it corresponds to the actual camera, rather than a generic photography book. The book is kept in my camera bag and people have commented on the quality of my photographs.
on 15 November 2013
As a new owner of a Nikon D3200 Digital camera the guide gave me excellent tips and advice on using the camera.
on 1 July 2014
Bought this on the reviews I had read on Amazon. They were right. Good book that assumes you know little, or nothing, about photography. This does mean that it is condescending, it isn't. If you know something you go to the next subject.
Well written and enjoyable.
on 15 August 2014
This book is very well presented, easy to read and logically grouped under headings that make things easy to find.
on 14 June 2014
I did not know which manual to buy at first. I was influenced mainly by customer reviews.
At first reading it seems ideal for what want out of it.
I do find most of the book easy to use, and particularly the sample photographs with camera settings.
I shall re-review in 6 months time when I am fully conversant with the contents.
Most indications now suggest it was an excellent buy for what I want