Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Dec 2012 10:03:48 GMT
T Mason says:
When i was looking at getting the D3100 in November all shops were selling the camera and lens for £300.

I've started looking again as I would now like to buy one and all shops are now selling it at £330.

Does anyone know why this is? It smacks of price fixing as all electronics companies have made the same move, however does anyone know if it is because Nikon have increased the wholesale cost or something?

And there isn't any confusion with the cashback element. Neither price point includes the cashback from nikon.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Dec 2012 07:10:35 GMT
I agree - I've been tracking the price for a few weeks hoping for pre Xmas sale discounts. Instead Amazon, Argos, Jessops and Currys have all increased. It's still a good price compared to Nikon's list price but annoying anyway.

Posted on 25 Dec 2012 23:54:06 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Dec 2012 00:04:43 GMT
Vinay says:
Price fixing? A lot of the online retailers track each other's prices and so if someone drops the price, some of them will follow and lower their prices too - and when that original low priced seller increases their price they'll all go up again. Happens to a lot of products and as a result Amazon's prices do move quite often. You can check historical Amazon prices at uk.camelcamelcamel.com

If the D3100 has gone up in price, you may want to consider the D3200 or D5100 models, which with Nikon's cashback offer may be a bit closer in price now. I just bought the D5100 a few days ago,

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2013 14:55:09 GMT
Diggeroo1 says:
Hi
You can buy a D3100 plus 18-55 lens from Portus Digital online at £289
hope this helps
Cheers
Paul

Posted on 11 Feb 2013 09:13:18 GMT
collywobbles says:
I know how you feel. I bought this camera for a holiday end off September after tracking this camera for most of the year waiting for it to drop in price, you can imagine my disappointment when less than a month later it dropped from £350 to £290 on Amazon!!!

It's a bit gutting to know that I paid £60 more after waiting so patiently... :'(

But then we got the Samsung note 10.1 for £310 instead of £398 a few weeks later, so it's swings and roundabouts :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2013 10:51:44 GMT
SLR Books says:
To echo Paul's comment.

I bought a Canon 600D from Portus a couple of weeks ago and it arrived in 5 days, with warranty, and is exactly the same camera my mate paid £340+ for from Currys.

Can't knock them for service and speed. Amazon will probably now delete my account... :-(

Ho hum

Richard
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  21 Dec 2012
Latest post:  29 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit (14.2MP) 3 inch LCD
Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit (14.2MP) 3 inch LCD by Nikon
4.7 out of 5 stars   (399)