The Nikon COOLPIX L25 - Making Memories Last.
Attractive, sturdy and easy to use, the COOLPIX L25 is clever with images—so you don’t have to be. A large-size LCD screen displays images with superb clarity at any time of day or night. Simple controls and smart automatic technology deliver steady images, and ensure you capture portraits with smiling faces and open eyes. You can switch to filming the action at the touch of a button, or set the camera to Easy Auto mode and capture photos without worrying about a thing.
5x Zoom with Wide-Angle Capability
The 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens of the COOLPIX L25 covers a focal range from 28 mm wide-angle to 140 mm telephoto*. This makes it easy to capture group pictures and landscapes at the wide end, to expressive close-ups from a distance using the telephoto range.
Easy Auto Mode
Easy auto mode lets you simply turn on the camera and start shooting, while the camera automatically selects the appropriate scene mode from among Portrait, Night portrait, Night landscape, Landscape, Backlighting and Close-up.
The viewing ease of a 7.5-cm (3-in.) TFT LCD monitor
The Viewing Ease of a 7.5-cm (3-in.) TFT LCD Monitor
The bright, large display of the 7.5-cm (3-in.) 230k-dot (approx.) TFT LCD monitor offers a clear view, whether previewing a framed shot before snapping the shutter, or looking over images previously taken. The monitor features brightness adjustment for clear viewing in varying lighting conditions.
Smart Portrait System
Nikon’s Smart Portrait System incorporates into COOLPIX cameras a series of automatic functions, including In-Camera Red-Eye Fix™, Improved Face-Priority AF, Face Priority AE, Smile Mode, Blink Warning, Skin Softening and D-Lighting.
All COOLPIX cameras offer advanced red-eye reduction capability. When set, the in-camera Red-Eye Fix automatically analyses the captured image for the presence of red-eye and corrects it before saving the image to memory, so you may never see red eyes again.
Face-Priority AF automatically detects a person’s face at typical portrait-taking distances, then activates the camera's autofocus to focus upon the face area. Click here for a larger image
Available in all COOLPIX models, Face-Priority AF automatically detects a person’s face at typical portrait-taking distances, then activates the camera's autofocus to focus upon the face area. When the camera's Portrait Mode is selected, Face-Priority is automatically activated. A special digital detection program will scan for facial details and then control autofocus operation based on the location of the detected face in the scene. Even if the subject moves, or if you recompose the picture, Face-Priority AF will respond to keep the point of focus on the subject’s face. (When there are two or three people in the scene, Face-priority AF will operate using closest subject priority.) The technology of Face-Priority AF is based on the detection of facial characteristics and general scene arrangement; the technology can also detect when the camera is held for vertical or horizontal composition. The only requirement is that the person be facing the camera.
Smile Mode automatically fires the shutter when the selected subject smiles; in this mode, the camera will essentially wait to fire until it detects a smile. Click here for a larger image
Smile Mode, Blink Warning
Smile Mode automatically fires the shutter when the selected subject smiles; in this mode, the camera will essentially wait to fire until it detects a smile. Blink Warning displays a warning message when it detects that the subject has blinked as the photo was taken, allowing you to immediately retake the shot—without waiting to check the photo. In both cases, the camera's computer accesses a database of facial characteristics to determine the presence of these reactions. Blink Proof is a new addition to Smile Mode options. When it's selected, the camera will detect the face of a portrait subject and automatically take two sequential shots when the subject smiles, then save the image in which the subject’s eyes are open.
When set, D-Lighting rescues underexposed images or shots taken with excessive backlight by adding light and detail where necessary while leaving correctly-exposed areas untouched. As a result, images are significantly improved in a much more natural-looking manner. After D-Lighting is applied to an image, the modified image is saved to the memory card, leaving the original image untouched.
Skin Softening leverages built-in face-detection technology to ensure smooth skin tone on the face of your subject. Click here for a larger image
Skin Softening leverages built-in face-detection technology to ensure smooth skin tone on the face of your subjects, and can be applied in a choice of three adjustment levels to optimise results to your liking.
- NIKKOR wide-angle 5x optical zoom lens (28–140mm): from group shots to close-ups, this lens offers superb precision and sharp resolution, so you can capture moments with ease.
- Crisp 720p video recording: record life in motion at the touch of a button. A dedicated movie-record button makes it easy to begin recording the action.
- 7.5 cm (3.0-in.) LCD screen: the large LCD monitor with wide viewing angle offers clear shooting and playback.
- e-VR (vibration reduction): capture steady photos and movies thanks to Nikon’s automatic vibration reduction technology, which counters the effects of camera shake.
- 10 MP: the 10-megapixel CCD image sensor lets you capture wonderfully detailed images and produce superb poster-size enlargements.
- AA-size batteries: your camera is powered by two AA-size batteries, which are readily available across the world.
- Anti-blur: enjoy clear images with automatic technology that counters image blur. High ISO (up to 1600) light sensitivity for sharper images in low light. Motion detection compensates for camera and subject movement. Best shot selector (BSS) selects the sharpest of up to ten sequential shots.
- 18 scene modes: scene modes automatically optimise the camera settings for popular photographic styles, effects and locations. Achieve great shots just by selecting the mode that matches your situation.
- EXPEED C2 image processing system provides enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality.
- Wireless transfer: compatible with Eye-Fi X2 (or later) cards. Transmit your digital photos (in JPEG format) directly to your phone or personal computer, and then connect to the Internet to take advantage of Nikon’s photo sharing service, my Picturetown.