on 3 May 2014
Having used a pair of Visionary Binoculars that were wholly inadequate for my needs (the diopter lens would not focus, even though my eyesight in my right eye isn't that poor). I bought these with some trepidation as I didn't essentially want to get lumbered with a slightly more costly version of what I had. I based my choice on the reviews here, so invested in a pair. As my hobby is Aircraft spotting, I needed something that was going to do a considerably better job than what I had. They duly arrived today and as the weather was nice I decided to try them out for a few hours at Birmingham Airport. Holy cow, what a difference ! Crystal clear by comparison, and they have a real quality feel to them, even down to the lens caps. The diopter setting is spot on, and I particularly like the retractable rubbers on the eye pieces which means you can view them through glasses if you so wish.
These are worth every penny in my opinion and I'm looking forward to getting many years of use from them
on 13 February 2014
Delighted with this pair of binoculars. I have owned a Nikon travel lite 12x21 for 10 years and they're still good as new. I was hoping these larger 16 x 50 would be just as good and i wasn't disapointed. Quite the opposite, they are superbly made, chunky with rubber construction and feeling like they're made to last with excellent optics. I also bought a small mini-tripod for support but elbows are just as good. Can't ask for any more than that.
on 8 March 2014
Nikon quality binos, well made, good optics, not fully waterproof but at this price and for general use that's ok. Solid rubberized covering makes them easy to hold. Not to heavy considering the solid build, I find them easy to hand hold for a short time without the need for a tripod. A good compromise for stargazing over 10x50s.
VINE VOICEon 26 May 2014
I have a number of pairs of binoculars at varying prices and these are by far the best for the money. Very well made, good quality optics with bright coatings. Very good weight for the quality. For most purposes, these are an excellent pair of binos. You have to be a bit specialist to need much more.
on 23 June 2014
Bought these for my boyfriend and he loves them. He was really pleased with how steady they are for such a large zoom. He uses them a lot for bird watching and we took them on a safari and they faired well.
on 2 January 2014
Quick and efficient service would recommend and product as s described. Excellent and easy to use and as good as if not better than the Bushnells we already have.
on 27 March 2014
These binoculars are light weight and also allow light into them effectively. I use for nature watches and planetary observations.
on 6 August 2015
Large magnification sixteen times Nikon binoculars and they are well made to Nikon standards. They come complete with a strong case and straps and lens guards. Considering the price asked they are excellent value and I was soon studying the local church tower from about four miles away and could discern detail so optically they are very good. With this magnification some support could often be needed to minimize vibrations . Thoughtfully Nikon also supply an easily fitted tripod adapter for just such an occasion.
All in all like lots of other reviewers I consider these bins a great buy for the price charged.
on 14 January 2016
I have to say I was disappointed with these binoculars, I had great expectations for them but first time out of the box they gave me no more perceived magnification than my old 10x42 Bushnell set. I also didn't like the rubberised grip, it was slightly sticky to the touch and seems to pick up dust and dirt particles which then didn't look very nice. The single focus ring was hard to turn also meaning that I couldnt dntnseem to achieve the right focus for my sight easily.

The price looked good when I ordered these, but I am always wary of so called discounted items, so I don't see how anyone would have purchased them at the full list price. The quality was good with a strap and fabric/plastic carry case.

Overall I think that there are other brands with smaller magnification which do just as good a job but at the same time represent better value for money, in my opinion you are just paying for the Nikon brand name. It makes me realise just how good my Bushnells 10x42's roof prism set really are and they were almost half the price I paid for these Nikon's

Sadly I have to say I returned these for a full refund, I can't fault Amazon though, the free delivery option came in the same time that the 'paid extra for' service would have arrived, plus free returns when dropped at your local post office.
on 1 July 2014
We already had a pair of 8x50 binoculars and wanted higher magnification. We use the binoculars for sailing and boat spotting. We were worried about not being able to hold them to avoid shaking but when this happens leaning against the window or something does the job. But most of the time vision is perfect. I wear glasses and have had no problem with these binoculars.