Jeanine leaves the vampires behind in this book - its peopled with humans, Fallen, Demons (purebloods) an half demons such as our heroine Mara. Mara is trying to seek revenge on the pureblood who took her cousin Gloria some years previously. Purebloods feed on half demons and Mara is afraid her sister will be taken by the one that killed Gloria. Mara lives in the human world but half demons such as herself can travel dimensions into the realm of Nocture - ruled by the delicuos Raphael. Mara was rescued by him when she was 15 and with her cousin and promised him not to return til she was older. Now she's 22 and enters Nocturna once again and gets wrapped up in danger, romance, recues and more danger - all the usual we've come to expect from Jeanine's pen ( or PC !)
I loved this book - i'm not usually a fan of novellas but Jeanine is one of my favourite writers so I bought this book and don't regret it. I'd like to see more from the world of Nocturna - its very different to so many created worlds and I think there's great potential for Mara and others to go onto more adventures in the same way as Cat and Bones did in the Huntress series.
Its a decent length novella at 799 KB ( i think that works out to 200+ pages) and good value at just £1.99 for a well established author. I was surprised to find it ended at 80% on kindle as the remaining 20% is sample of a Linsey Piper book - an author i'm unfamilair with but I'll read the sample and hopefully find some new books to enjoy!
If you love paranormal worlds with romance, "real" characters and adventures then this book is for you.