- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: New Riders; 1 edition (4 Jun. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321988191
- ISBN-13: 978-0321988195
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 1.5 x 22.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
333,279 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #313 in Books > Computers & Internet > Web Development > E-commerce > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation
- #398 in Books > Computers & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Web Design Applications
- #701 in Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Communication & Presentation
Nicely Said: Writing for the Web With Style and Purpose (Voices That Matter) Paperback – 4 Jun 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Nicole Fenton is an independent writer and editor in Brooklyn. She has worked at a large social network, a startup incubator, a design studio, and Apple. She manages content projects of all sizes and teaches writing as a design practice.
Kate Kiefer Lee is a writer and editor at MailChimp and a former magazine editor. She has written for publications like Forbes and A List Apart, and spoken about web content around the world. She teaches people how to write like they talk.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book's full of practical examples and exercises, which makes it really useful. The general guidelines on writing simply and clearly are great. I also really liked the sections on working out the voice you want to write with, and on choosing an appropriate tone.
It's also, unsurprisingly, very well written: straightforward, clear, and friendly.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This is the first book on writing I've read that is practical, approachable, and project oriented. I was able to understand processes that make going about writing less intimidating and more clear. I think most importantly it's given me structured ways to approach what I write and think about what I'm communicating. Nicole and Kate have written a great book that is immensely helpful and fun to read. Thank you!
The web moves so fast that it's hard to keep up with the latest designs and best practices. From what I've seen, the majority of the most current best practices are in blog posts, and some are in books from A List Apart and Smashing Magazine - but there's not enough out there. I couldn't find any design books on flat web design updated for 2014, but scores of blog posts. What makes this book stand out is that it's current, written by professionals, concise and easy to grasp the concepts, and just beautiful through and through. I hope the authors continue to write and can inspire designers in their field to create books like this.