Colour: 88 Natural Ultra Light Ash Blonde|Size: Pack of 1|Change

on 31 January 2011
I was a big fan of this product and I've used several of the medium/dark browns from the same range. I liked the Medium Ash Brown the best because I find that cooler browns look good with my green eyes, but the darker ones are nice too. I've since had to move on towards more permanent options because my greys are taking over, but I'll leave the pros / cons for anyone else who may be considering this product.

PROS:

-Easy & quick to use

-Smells fine, like a shampoo

-Great for root touch-ups because you can use a little of the bottle at a time and keep the rest - no mixing required

-No ammonia or peroxide (I presume this means it's safe for pregnant women, but I haven't done the research on that)

-Won't ruin towels or clothes

-Provides subtle overall stain; natural colour variations will still shine through

-Leaves hair in great condition

-Very consistent results

CONS:

- It doesn't last long, and it doesn't fully cover grey. Basically you get a tint on the greys that's enough to make them recede (but that's a great option for in between hairdresser visits or if you're not needing to drastically change your hair colour.)

-I live in Europe and have found it very hard to find this dye in recent years.
1010 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 August 2010
Cant seem to get the non permanent hair colour on the high street anymore, so this is great to find it on line at a good price.
on 6 May 2015
Great soft natural warm colour
review image
on 22 October 2013
This shade is just what I wanted.Not sure why it isnt in the shops but glad I can get it. Thankyou
on 5 September 2010
Hi found out this year that i am allergic to perm hair dye so had to find an alternative, clairol solved my problem and it is so easy to use,brilliant results,i also have shot hair and so 1 bottle will do 2 treatments.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 November 2009
Nice and Easy hair colour. Does exactly what it says on the box. Easy application, short waiting time for results and no more grey hair for a while. The colour is temporary, so does not contain any of those nasty chemicals that come with permanent hair colours, and if you do not like it, you can just over-wash it a few times with a good deep-cleansing shampoo and it comes out easily. What I like about this is that you have options - for several weeks you can be one shade, then change shade to another, and all without a visit to the salon or detrimenting your hair. My hair is in perfect condition, even after several uses of this product.
on 11 April 2014
This has been my favourite for many years. Why don't Clairol sell this in Portugal, every other hair colour is represented.
on 12 July 2014
Nice colour. My hair is medium brown and I left it on for 15 mins and it came out a lovely
shade of brown - not too dark, as some of them can be.
on 13 June 2013
It does what the name says, it colors your hair nice and easy! Easy to apply and gives a beautiful color!
on 24 July 2013
i never usually buy this make ,but tried it for first time ,my hair was bright yellow so I thought id try this dark blonde I followed instructions to the letter and bingo my hair turn same colour as on the box bingo ,will be getting this colour everytime now x