Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 March 2013
Having just finished this book I am amazed at the conditions that arise through deficiency of this vitamin. I have started taking Niacin daily to improve my cholesterol ratios but have noticed improvements already in the healing benefits of this miraculous little substance. My husband is taking it too after sustaining quite a bad injury at sports and is noticing a marked improvement in healing time for his injuries.

However Niaicn is just one compound that must be taken as part of the 'whole' suite to keep us healthy, therefore aside from a good multivitamin daily you should read up on Magnesium by Mark Sircus, Vit D3 by Jeff bowles, Iodine, Sodium Bicarbonate and start adding these to your regime amongst others. In these you will realise just how BIG big pharma has got and how how little control we have over our own health. Fluoride is a case in point..............but I digress.

Buy this book and realise your way to much better health and an awareness of the world of medicine. Prepare to be shocked!
on 11 December 2012
For anyone who prefers natural methods to help prevent, control and cure themselves of a range of conditions in which Niacin plays a part. The book explains the importance of Niacin to the human body and then goes through all the main groups of medical conditions that Niacin can help, either on its own or in combination with other vitamins and supplements. I found it an easy and informative read.
on 9 December 2013
Absolutely brilliant book. I cannot recommend this book highly enough.I would give it 6 stars. Anyone interested in improving their health should read this book. Full of facts, easy to read, nothing too complicated to understand. You will not be disappointed. Pity medical doctors are not taught the stuff this books contains, because there would be a lot less sick people.
on 29 October 2014
I have read this book from cover to cover after Dr Saul's appearance in Food Matters documentary. Although it is not the easiest reading (there are lots of repetitions, medical terms and data which might be of importance to other readers of course), it convinced me to start on vitamin therapy as opposed to antidepressants and other drugs to fight depression, anxiety, mood swings and fatigue. The results of numerous studies discussed in the book are convincing, and I'm very grateful to Dr Saul and his colleagues for making this invaluable information to us all. Thank you!
on 30 July 2014
For me, Niacin has been a miracle cure, for both arthritis and depression. This book is a testament to the author's determination to bring this subject to the attention of the general public as well as a hugely informative book on the subject. It's well written and easy to read. I would heartily recommend both Niacin and this book to anyone.
This was a good read. Short, concise and informative. I use niacin regularly and I can say without a doubt that it definitely improves your health and well-being. I wanted to learn more so that's why I bought this book. What I really like about this book is that it gets straight to the point and it provides various protocols for treating specific conditions. A little repetitive at times but my wife tells me I am the same so who am I to complain.
on 3 September 2014
The book has some imperfections, but I'm still giving it 5 stars. There is some repetition, but that's not such a bad thing. It could possibly have used some better editing. But considering the age of two of the authors (and that it is a multiple-authored book, which is difficult to pull off smoothly), I'll let that pass.

I could have done with some more detail on some of the less-highlighted conditions for which niacin has proved useful, and perhaps this reflects again the age of the authors, and that they wanted to get the book finished while they still had time!

I was looking for advice such as that given in this book for some particular problems, and finding this book now is good timing.

I'm also looking at "Forbidden Healing" by Captain Randall, which talks about a lot of things, but one of the main things is megadose vitamin C, which should work well with niacin (and normal doses of the other B vitamins), not to mention of course a good (non junk) diet.
on 6 May 2012
I greatly admire Dr Hoffer anyway and this was written at the very end of his life - he wanted us to gain all we could from his work and this book is clear, succinct and very readable. Also totally convincing.
on 10 May 2016
Fascinating facts about vitamin B3 and deficiencies that are linked to modern medical concerns. Studies appear to support large doses having a reversal effect. However, the doses are so much larger than the daily recommended dose I would be anxious about adopting the strategies advocated.
The story was far too repetitive and lacked a serious editing of the disjointed plot.
on 17 November 2012
This should be one of the most important books of the century!! I am so grateful to these great physicians and scientists for sharing their decades of research into this amazing little molecule and its profound effect on physical problems heart disease and psychological problems from schizophrenia to ADD. The authors see the problems as a product of a deficiency in this vitamin which manifest themselves in a broad range of symptoms, therefore making it a broad spectrum cure. The chemistry is explained in elegant language, and the abundant evidence is given clearly and convincingly. My health had already started to improve hugely from taking vitamin c and lysine to reduce lipoprotein a; I have now started taking daily niacin to raise my hdl and lower ldl. I feel I can now look forward to decades of healthy old age avoiding the heart problems that I had thought inevitable. Everyone should read this before they visit their doctor!