- Purchase any product from the Music Store sold by Amazon.co.uk and receive £1 to use on any music download in our MP3 Store. UK customers only. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The full-color book that accompanies the music is packed with information on the songs and the artists who recorded them by music scholar Hugo A. Keesing; a history of the war by Vietnam historian Lois T. Vietri; and an oral history of the tunes that 'incountry' vets loved best by authors Doug Bradley and Craig Werner. The introduction to this remarkable tome is written by the legendary Country Joe McDonald.
Strap in for a long and fascinating ride ...NEXT STOP IS VIETNAM.
The most comprehensive anthology of music inspired by the Vietnam War ever released.
● Over 330 titles covering all facets of the war and its aftermath featuring The Doors, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez,
Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, John Lennon, Yoko Ono, Country Joe McDonald and dozens
of other artists.
● Rarely heard documentary material including patriotic Public Service Announcements, field news reports and
intercepted North Vietnamese radio transmissions of Jane Fonda and Hanoi Hannah.
● A heavily illustrated, full-colour 304-page book containing extensive artist/song notes, Vietnam War history
and recollections by vets on their favourite songs.
● Two discs of music exclusively by Vietnam veterans.
● Never-before-released tracks recorded during the war by in-country soldiers.