on 15 February 2013
I bought the Kindle version of this book and found it to be nicely formatted and a great introduction to Windows Phone 8.

All the basics are covered, along with a smattering of advanced topics. I would have like a little more depth on using the camera, etc., but for the price this is a solid, well-researched book.

Recommended.
on 16 April 2013
Like all Newbies Guides this book shows you what you need to know, in this case about Windows Phone 8, about the subject. I hope they do an update when Windows "Blue" is shipped on the Windows Phone platform.
on 19 September 2013
Very helpful, I have recommended this to my dad who has just got a windows phone himself. This is compact but very informative
on 15 February 2015
Small book, but contained everything I needed to get myself accustomed to my new Nokia Lumia.
The actual phone came boxed up with NO instructions whatsoever, Neither is there a downloadable manual online from Nokia!
I am in my 70s, and not had a phone operating on Windows before so was SO thankful for this Guide!
on 7 November 2013
I have an Android phone and got hold of a Windows phone. As the small booklets included 'in the box' are always sketchy on any kind of detail you might want to know, I need something more and downloaded this as a Kindle book, it did the job. I am sure that if I were a lot younger and not retired, I wouldn't need this sort of reference but at 67 I do. Additionally I find the brevity and format ideal because my life will never revolve around a smart phone and "everything that it can do", I just want to make sure that I can use it effectively. As an aside, why buy a Windows phone when I already have an Android one ? For me a Nokia Windows phone has one 'killer app' Nokia Maps !
on 21 November 2014
a fine piece of info, i bought thid before buying the fone, so it prepared me thoroughly! but like all guide books i have problems with the modern english but saying that i am well pleased with it and it still resides on my start bar should the need arise.
on 8 October 2013
I bit too brief and simple, if you've manged to set your phone up on your own you've already exceeded this book. Its more of read for those who haven't experienced a windows phone.
on 9 October 2014
Very helpful
on 6 April 2014
Good as far as it goes. But really is a small,( minute ) guide! It will get you started but won't help with the confusion of passwords, accounts and other techno babble that newcomer drowns in.
on 1 April 2015
Needed something as a newbie to windows phones to guide me through the techniques of using one and this did the trick.