Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 May 2014
Having been a longtime Toad fan, I was delighted to see they had released a new album after such a long hiatus - so good to know the band is still very much alive and continuing to produce their own special blend of music.
Wondering how this new release would fare alongside such fantastic albums as Fear, Pale, Coil, Dulcinea - could they still come together and 'hit the spot' with their wonderful melodies, lyrics and harmonies? Could the Toad that I knew and loved bring something new and fresh - and yet still keep that Toad sound and feeling?
Well, after a couple of tentative listenings, I knew that this would be an album I would listen to again and again. And I have. And with each listening, this album has crept a little further under my skin. It's something about Toad's music, it becomes a part of you - or maybe you become part of it - either way, if it connects with you, it can be very powerful and that feeling seems to grow.
As another reviewer has said, I would love to see Toad perform in the UK. There must be others out there who feel the same. I just find it incredible that music as good as this gets overlooked by the masses.
Long live Toad!!!!
on 28 November 2014
Was browsing around about my favourite USA bands and found this. I love the yearning way of their music. The chord progressions seem to follow in a way that Buffalo Yom's did but a little gentler. You can almost guess where they're going but you'd never write them as sweet as this. Marvellous.
on 25 November 2013
After such a long hiatus it is great to hear all four of the guys back playing the kind of music I love. Not only that but New Constellation is one of their best albums to date. I only started listening around the time of Dulcinea so I am a relative newcomer but this is a more consistent offering than even that amazing album. Well done Toad. Maybe try touring in the UK next year. It would be good to see you over here.
on 3 March 2015
This album is top drawer. I think it is the best Toad have produced by a mile. The melodies, musicianship and production sound effortless. Like another reviewer has said, I wish the band would come over to the UK. Fantastic!!!
on 31 March 2016
Loved Toad since my now ex American brother in law introduced me to them in the 90's. Around Dulcinea time. After they split I kind of forgot about them but reading about another band the other day with another crazy name made me explore what, if anything, has happened since and if they'd reformed? And to my delight they have! So only just got the NC album but loving it already. Superb stuff.
on 19 January 2014
Even thou there are some great songwriters out there ,it`s been a while since I came upon an album with musical excellence and lyrics that might as well be a form of poetry. i.e. section from `Rare bird`:

"Your mind is like a rare bird
Flying high above the cold world
Slow dancing in the thermals
Singing songs no one's ever heard
So why'd I want to cage you
Clip wings and try to tame you
You were meant to be free"

I also enjoyed the smooth confident drumming. The lyrics and music seems to melt together naturally. It would be amazing to see this band in the UK.

The band takes on (bravely) new age existentialst topics(living in the moment) i.e. section from `The Moment`:

`For every path you follow there's another left behind
Every door you don't kick open there's a million more to try
And for everything you've taught me here's the one I've learned the best
There is nothing but the moment
Don't you waste it on regret
The moment is happening now`

Enjoy and make part of your life philosophy......
on 12 March 2016
Love the new album. Probably the best album so far, although the album Coil is one of my all time favourites.
on 11 March 2014
The best of the old Toad the Wet Sprocket - all over again! These guys rock! More to follow I hope - don't leave it so long next time!
on 2 September 2015
Best album of the year for me. Mystery why they are relatively unknown in UK.
on 19 September 2014
A very good album from a band I knew nothing about before chancing upon this