on 14 November 2011
I really enjoyed reading this book, just as much as Gauntlgrym. The characters in this one are a bit different, as a few perished in book one, but this doesn't affect it for the worse.

The story is well told, the battles very good as usual, and the relationship between Drizzt and his new companion is also starting to get interesting.

All in all I'd say if one likes the old Darkelf books, this one is a must. The Neverwinter saga is also a good start for people that didn't read the old books. From this is a definite thump up!
on 25 October 2012
This book starts off almost immediately after the first book, Gauntlgrym: Neverwinter, Book I (Neverwinter Nights), finishes and carries on within weeks if not months no missing decades here. I was sure this book was going to suffer from second book syndrome (as another reviewer dubbed it), so I was reluctant to start it, but once I did I was glad I did. A great book worthy to stand on its own, but does lead into the next one.

This book starts out a little slower, to build the relationship between Drizzt and Dahlia. If you need any more confirmation to how much Drizzt has changed he is undertaking a revenge mission under no other pretences other than that. Which considering the evil of the people we are dealing with is not a bad thing. The trouble is that Drizzt is starting to see thing from Dahlia's point of view that there are not innocents left. In this book we do not see the introspective Drizzt as much. He is a creature of instinct just waiting to release his deadly hunter personality. Drizzt take allies he would have gladly killed (or maimed as he killed as a last resort or the heat of battle), in another lifetime. Including someone thought long dead, but the clues all pointed to him anyway. Another change in Drizzt is he takes Dahlia as his "lover" not wife, this is not lost on me of the older generation. The only thing that I do not like about this book is Dahlia. Not the character really but the fact that she seem to captured hundreds of years' worth of fighting skill within 10 years, putting her on par with Drizzt himself. Maybe this will explained in the next book also how she acquired her tri-staff.
on 5 December 2012
Don't particularly like what they have done with the Drizzt story lines since he's zoomed into the future, I think the chemistry he had with the original team was what made it special. I probably will not buy anymore as they just lack that bit of a spark for me now. I would strongly recommend the Drizzt books to anyone else who hasn't yet had the pleasure of reading them, just don't bother with this series. I am disappointed that one of my favourite characters has lost his charm to me. Bugger it.
on 19 February 2013
As good as any other book from RA Salvatore, regarding the Drizzt.
Bit darker than any other before (and gets even darker at next book), but really good read. Some really good character surprises also, but any "veteran" reader, should have already guessed who...... (no spoiler hehe).

I find Neverwinter Saga really good. Better than the previous trilogy and as good as the Legacy trilogy I must say.
Just finished Charon's Claw last night, so getting even better :D

5 stars for another great book from RA Salvatore.
on 17 October 2013
A lot of reviews describe this book and apparently the next as a transition into the next chapters of our hero's life. I hope that no-one takes those comments in a negative light as I found this particular volume fascinating. Yes it is a transition and will lead to a, probably, more settled and long term story line but this is in no way negative. The characters are very interesting and the world is evolving, the battles are as well described as ever and suspense is ever present. I'm going to get cracking with the next one...
on 9 July 2012
I have read most of his books and never tire of them this triolgy is a bit different but just as good
the story just gets better after a hundred years you would think there were no more adventures , but
different people, but so very readable, love them.
on 1 June 2014
Very much enjoying the Drizzt series of novels, in fact have now purchased the whole series so I can follow the total legend. R A Salvatore is an excellent story teller. Would recommend to anyone. Honour does not have a price!!
on 25 October 2013
R A Salvatore does it again, every story is familiar yet also new. A great continuation of the lives of characters we know. With new characters added it is easy to understand them and get to know them
on 13 January 2013
Buy this.The adventure starts to warm up considerably and leaves you waiting for book 3 in the series.Some surprises too.You wont be disappointed.
on 31 May 2014
I have read everything R A Salvatore has written about this character and loved every one of them, just wish there was more