on 14 February 2016
I have just received this and thumbed through. At first glance it is exactly what I hoped. I am a qualified physio and have been looking for a helpful reference book that can guide students on placement with me through neurological assessment. This provides a summary of conditions and a good overview functional anatomy and pathophysiology. It then provides a very comprehensive guide on what, how and why to assess in neurological presentations. It breaks down the clinical reasoning, structures the assessment itself, explains key things to assess in certain situations, and provides examples of outcome measures. I have been looking for this book! It is perfect to accompany a student physio placement in neurology alongside the guidance of a clinical educator, and it provides a useful framework to guide a student through what can seem to be a very complex task.
on 11 October 2011
Another excellent book in this series. Have bought all of them now. Easy to use and understand; bought for student studying Bsc in Physiotherapy at Uni - recommended by the Uni. Reasonably priced considering cost of text books these days.
on 31 October 2011
After struggling with neuro-anatomy for ages I heard about this book. it is well laid out and has everything you would need to know to complete a neurological assessment in a straight forward way.
on 7 September 2014