From the Back Cover
9 books in 1 your key to networking success!
Your one–stop guide to building, securing, and administering networks large and small
So youre in charge of the network? No worries! This handy all–in–one guide provides a birds–eye view of all the important stuff, like installing and configuring various network operating systems, working with TCP/IP, planning security, setting up a backup schedule, even managing a wireless or home network. Who needs tons of tomes?
The Dummies Way
- Coverage of the essentials and beyond
- Explanations in plain English
- "Get in, get out" information
- Thumbtabs and other navigation aids
- Tear–out cheat sheet
- A dash of humor and fun
Discover how to:
- Create and implement a network plan
- Use virus scanners and set up firewalls
- Understand IP addresses, subnetting, and routing
- Protect wireless and home networks
- Install a Linux or NetWare LAN
About the Author
Doug Lowe’s 50–plus computer books include more than 30 in the For Dummies series, including Networking For Dummies, now in its 6th edition. He has demystified everything from Microsoft Office and memory management to client/server computing and creating Web pages.