The Netgear SC101 is a nice tidy, compact and aesthetically pleasing device, let down by some problems.
1. no 64bit drivers; if your only machine is winXP 64bit then don't bother even trying it - they've said no drivers are available and they have no intention of writing them (I've had to share it from another machine). This is very disappointing from an otherwise reliable company.
2. annoying software, as mentioned by other reviewers; once it's set up it works fine, but if ever ever have to run their manager utility you know it's not going to be fun.
3. the mounted drive letter doesn't survive through a hibernation, and once it's lost the link the only way you can bring it back is a cold boot - the manager utility won't help you here, and will deny that a) there's anything wrong, and b) there's any drive to connect. This one is extremely irritating to me.
4. it seems very slow across a 100MB network; maybe my expectations are too high, but it's not that slow copying between two other machines on my network - that being said, it's set up in mirror mode, and whilst this shouldn't affect things, it could do.
5. I think I'd be happier with a fan inside - it does run hot (though I've had no problems with it yet, heat or otherwise).
1. it looks good
2. hardware was easy to set up and worked first time (software is not so easy).
3. I serve my music from it - it's been running for about 6 months now without a power cycle.
I like it, but I'm not sure I'd buy it again; wait for SC102 (or whatever) - maybe they'll fix these problems; there certainly doesn't appear to be any competition to it worth mentioning though.